• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Blic!

jordyh

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
Change the number of overs!!
There's no actual twenty20 option though, i.e free hit after no run etc.

Ah well despite having a very poor first impression of this game I have been fully converted

Josh

International Regular
So what's this I hear about the players not having real names?? And why are people saying the PS2 version sucks??

Josh

International Regular
Very disappointed about hearing there is no Autoplay option. This is going to **** me right up because it's going to be very hard to play an entire test match. The game sounds great but no autoplay in my opinion these days is a bit of a disgrace.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
The speed of gameplay is such that there's no real need for autoplay. I've played two whole tests already and never even managad to play one in C2k4!

rockymazza

Cricket Spectator
Ive just played 4 tests and it was very quick. I really like the speed of the game. You can get through loads of overs really quickly and it wont take a week. Really good game. The bowling is great. One problem is that the CPU batters wont run for easy 1s and 2s but overall is very good.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
The game has a bit of cartoonish look to it, but that no big issue. As for AI which is a big concern, I don't know if its all that good it is based on just random speed delivery by the bowlers, the speed drop of fast bowlers I think is meant to confuse but its not fun at all. Apart from the autoplay feature missing, I feel the types of strokes you can play is a big let down. And as usual what's up with the Wide situation, the CPU keeps bowling way far on off and still does not get called for wides, this reminded me of BLC 99. Cricket fans will never get taste of a true simulator game, BLC 99 came close.

wheelnut

Cricket Spectator
BLIC is GREAT on PS2!

I have played ODi's and test matches on village and county levels (go straight to county level - village is a waste of space).

Both test got rained out but the run rate and wickets etc all realistic. With this game it is actually a pleasure to bowl (every other game I only want to bat!). The swing or drift back buttons are cool.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
my first Test(just have the game installed for 3 hours. only played demo and a bit on ps2 before.)
on test difficulty. all i can say...a thriller to the end !

Attachments

Majin

International Debutant
This game is great. B) I started playing properly the other day, like not just hammering the bat at everything which I used to do, and then rely on my bowling to save. I scored 220 with Dravid off 260+ balls, something like that, and also hit centuries with Pietersen and Imran Khan in that match. (I'm using a custom team in the custom league thing.) In my current match I saved it with Sehwag out for 4 off 9 and Gavaskar and Dravid both around 50 off 100 balls. Shoaib Akhtar bowls bloody fast when the CPU uses him, he's hit 104.7mph this match *_*

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I bowled Bangladesh out for 10 :D ...on test level in a test match...
swingy swingy :D

Josh

International Regular
I am quite honestly disappointed in Brian Lara Cricket. Nowhere near as good as I'd imagined and it is lacking in some areas. Both games have their flaws, still searching for a decent cricket video game I s'pose.