Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worlds Best Cricket Game

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Worlds Best Cricket Game

I believe that cricket 96 or Super International Cricket (Snes) is the best cricket game ever made. I would ratie it 9/10, the gameplay is by far better than cricket 97,98,99,00,02,04 and 05.

Realistic edges, overthrows and byes! I mean have you ever seen an overthrow in one later games (2002 or 2005). Edges are just like real life, swing outside of off-stump and pray that u hit it, the occasional edge may carry to the slips or even to the keeper.

Bowl inswingers, ouswingers, cutter and bouncers and watch the batsman duck and weave. Spinners bowl arm balls, flippers of-spin and leg-spin. Careful with ur fielding dont want overthrows!

Batsman can play shots, come down pitch and loft over mid off, or wait late cut down to third man, pich a quick single and look at for the overthrows. Fielders have control over appealing and must appeal for lbws and close run outs, third upmires called upon when the decision is too tight.

Place your own field have four slips, and a gully and hope for edge or play defensive and tempt the batsman to take a risky shot. Fielders have thier own skills, speed, accuracy and strength and place them carefully and to keep the batsman on their toes.

More stuff but that can only be experienced if you play it. I have the snes version if u want to i can give it you just email me nyussouf@gmail.com
    It really is the best game, what it lacks is all those graphs, manhatten worm, spider and statistics like that, and of course the graphics which are decent, tats why 9/10 and not 10/10!

Also reading through cricket 2005 opinions, the batting and bowling in cricket 96 is reasonable, playing on normal is ideal, wickets can taken quite easily by bowling good bowls, and runs by finding the gaps.

But the game plays best when u play ur friend, tats the most difficult and most enjoying the computer isnt quite as fun aas playing with ur mates. scores can range from 30 - 1000+ depending on the pitch and skill of player. Noobie should reach 100, most of the prblems occur when running between wickets, lack of patience lead to this, a few games of practive and you will understand whn to run and when not to.

It is quite comical when a game made pretty much 10 years ago has better gameplay than anything produced since.

I'd say that the ICC games probably exceed Super International Cricket/Cricket 96, but in terms of live action game it is probably the least frustrating of any.

u cant compare to ICC its not a management game, I think the they the later games should base the gameplay on cricket 96, and improve the graphics and features.
    I will get some screenshots for you!

some screenshots. this super international cricket. cricket 96 is slightly different!
    Attached Images Attached Images

run out?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have cricket 96.. It was such an awesome game and I agree with you it is the best cricket game ever. ICC is better but that is management. In terms of games where you actually play cricket 96 is the best by a mile. I was always pakistan. G Asif was my favourite player

Its the same with Rugby games. Jonah Lomu's Rugby which was made in 1996 is the best rugby game eva because of the game play.

I would rate Cricket 96 better than BLIC because the gameplay is superior. Funny how it was made by EA sports. They got rid of a winning formula

Just tried playing it then.. Unfortunatly it doesn't run on my computer

I have some rugby game from 1991, based on the World Cup held around then. It's awesome! I haven't played another rugby game besides that one, but its fantastic fun.

David Campese rugby is awesome could be the same. Wasnt cricket 96 made by bloom software or something?

Quote Originally Posted by bumpuss
    David Campese rugby is awesome could be the same. Wasnt cricket 96 made by bloom software or something?

It rings a bell but EA was definetly involved because from your screen shots I am talking about the same game you are and my disk says ea sports on it.

EA was involved in Cricket 96 - available on computer, but for some reason not in the Super International Cricket which was on Super Nintendo. While a number of the names are the same, there are some differences. This is a reflection of who was working on it - you'll see a number of the names of the players bob up on the credits.

Coincidence - I think not!

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Cricket '96 is without a doubt the best game ever.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    The SNES cricket game is up there with the best and I certainly played it beyond death. The NES cricket game was good fun but not much chop as a 'real' cricket game. That wasn't the point, though; it was just awesomely fun. Both of those games, for pure fun and gameplay, are right up there. The Brian Lara/Shane Warne series of games (which originated with the Graeme Gooch/Alan Border series on the Amiga) were always high quality but too easy after playing them for a little while.

And I agree with what someone else said in another thread about EA; Cricket '97 is still the best. Cricket '99 and 2000 were abysmal, 2002 was a vast improvement and pretty good fun whereas 2004 and 2005 have been frustrating for me.

As for the rest, ICC 2002 is easily the most addictive cricket game I've ever played, probably up there with any game I've ever played.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information