• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Real Names

Retox

State Vice-Captain
The video that was posted before did not have real names for the cricketers. Now this could be cause of 2 things

1. Codemasters is cheap and will burn in hell
2. Bravo was not allowed to use real names and they shall burn in hell

Why did that video have non real names?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Could it be because the costs of the proper licences is prohibitive (or even that EA have them so Codemasters aren't allowed them?)

Personally gameplay is far more important than a player's name.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Could it be because the costs of the proper licences is prohibitive (or even that EA have them so Codemasters aren't allowed them?)

Personally gameplay is far more important than a player's name.

Brings me to my second and more important question.... Will we be able to change said names.

rubbergenius

Codemasters Community Liaison Manager
Retox said:
The video that was posted before did not have real names for the cricketers. Now this could be cause of 2 things

1. Codemasters is cheap and will burn in hell
2. Bravo was not allowed to use real names and they shall burn in hell

Why did that video have non real names?
I'll go with point one. :D

Nah - someone else has the full licences unfortunately. So that's why we can't use them outside of the ICC-licenced mode.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
that will happen, but someone has to go and edit all names and after that host it to us :D

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
rubbergenius said:
I'll go with point one. :D

Nah - someone else has the full licences unfortunately. So that's why we can't use them outside of the ICC-licenced mode.
2 points for guessing who ;)

Here's a clue, it starts with "E" and ends in "A Sports"