• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Unoffficial Video

Cloete

International Captain
Top stuff... game play looks excellent. Originally it looked like a bit jolty to me when the batsman played their shots, but on closer inspection it was actually the angle. Becuase they look amazingly realistic on the closer view.

Only trouble I can see is the names, will there be licenses and proper names? At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, but it would be nice!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cloete said:
Top stuff... game play looks excellent. Originally it looked like a bit jolty to me when the batsman played their shots, but on closer inspection it was actually the angle. Becuase they look amazingly realistic on the closer view.

Only trouble I can see is the names, will there be licenses and proper names? At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, but it would be nice!
both paragraphs seconded completely

Last edited:

andyc

steds said:
Hehehe. Love the names. Flantiff, Patterson, Morten, Vettare :D
gasp what do you mean... are you trying to imply something there, steds!?

Cloete

International Captain
I love Martin's in particular. I think Morten is Tony Greig's pronunciation of it :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cloete said:
I love Martin's in particular. I think Morten is Tony Greig's pronunciation of it :D
Either that, or they're Vikingising the names in an attempt to get through to the Nordic citizens (witness Andersson! :D)

Looks smooth otherwise, though (wonders whether any online shops can ship it to Norway)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Love the way the guy in the practice nets bowled from halfway down the pitch. :D Looks good though; I assume there will be a player editor so we can give them proper names?

rubbergenius

Codemasters Community Liaison Manager
Cloete said:

The licences are for the ICC (Tournament) section. In the other sections there's spoofed names. However, the game has a Player Editor so I fully expect that there will be a file knocking around the internet within hours of the game's release with the correct names.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
yes totally agreed, i will buy it the day it comes out...lucky me im in england while it will be released :D

masterblaster

International Captain
Looks great. The gameplay looks much more fluent and better than Cricket 2005. But that being said, I'm not going to downplay the work EA might have put into their game. It takes hard work, skill and stamina to create even a little functional game, and im not going to jump on the EA hate bandwagon just yet.

But certainly BLIC/RPIC 2005 looks better at this stage.

:)

andyc

yeah, blic/rpic looks a lot better. ill be in australia in time to by it, too :)

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I think I will get this over 2005... 2005 is just 2004 with graphics updated. (From the video)

bestfriendh

Cricket Spectator
great vid

what an amazing video....this has to be the most exciting time for a cricket gamer.2 new games comin out boy i cant wait.but have to say that blic looks better than cricket 2005 at this moment.....but ill end up getting both...also cricket web doing a great job keeping us posted.....thx a lot guys seeya..