• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Disappearing Players?

Danno90

Cricket Spectator
Hi,

I've used Magpie to edit most of the current Eng players, and have seen the problem only once before.

I've just won the World Cup as Eng, and the following series is at home v Zim. Ian Bell had been playing regularly for my 1 day team, & wanted to bring him in for an injured Michael Vaughan. However, Ian Bell has completely disappeared from the player list. If I sort by name, he is gone, & if I sort by ODI's last year, everyone else is in there bar Bell. The 1st time this happened (a long while ago now or a seperate 'save') it was Ian Bell again.

Anyone else seen this? Or have any ideas?

Thanks

Danno90

Cricket Spectator
surely someone who scored 3 hundreds during a winning world-cup campaign would get snapped up!?!?!?

Just weird that it never used to happen before I used the editor.....

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Danno90 said:
surely someone who scored 3 hundreds during a winning world-cup campaign would get snapped up!?!?!?

Just weird that it never used to happen before I used the editor.....
Often good players don't get signed if they are expensive. Either that or he's retired, though that's unlikely given his age.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You leave poor little Magpie alone!

Like they've said - if players aren't resigned, then they retire/disappear, and it happened long before Magpie came along.

squiz

U19 Debutant
Adamc said:
Often good players don't get signed if they are expensive. Either that or he's retired, though that's unlikely given his age.
That happened with Kevin Pieterson with my game, I signed him, he was pretty expensive, then he was just worth too much so I let him go, and no-one else picked him up so he disappeared

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I got around this problem in ICC2 by using the editor to give all the other teams billions of pounds... every team (other than mine) ended up with 50-man squads. :p

Danno90

Cricket Spectator
I'm not 'dissing' Magpie Neil... I wouldn't dream of it! It's been my savior! Just wondered if it was maybe a bug or if anyone else had noticed

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
its not a bug, i just saw Giles and Geraint Jones dissapear!
because nobody signed them again..i tried to buy Giles but didnt have enough money

bumpuss

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
um

doesnt it just say "available", cos i played with zimbabwe for like 40 years still around the bottom but went through some niceplayers, the good players dont get a contract and so it says in the player profile 'available'. :wacko: