• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updated Database

DJellett

International Debutant
Anyway, back to the database in general.

I have also noticed that certain teams (eg. Hampshire) start with money problems.
Their starting budget is -29,000 pounds/dollars and the game does not even allow you to decrease budget limits for physio, coaching and youth team, let alone increase them or buy youth team players. Any idea of the problem here?

Also with the county squads - I know it has been mentioned before but I will raise it again.
Some players dissapear from all records, other dissapear from the team selction but are still in the records, and some are only in team selction and NOT in the records.
What's going on with that?

Apart from these problems, the update is very good overall and congratulations to you KentLad.

Yours appreciatively,

Dylan Jellett

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I think one problem you may want to check out Neil is setting people to Very Defensive or Very Attacking, it will sometimes go to the complete opposite.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Will try to look into all these next week - if someone could summarise all these problems into one post next week I'd appreciate it.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, to KentLad.

I'm not sure how the County Overseas system works, but some new players I'm guessing.

Hampshire
IN - Craig McMillan
OUT - Simon Katich

GLAMORGAN
IN - Sourav Ganguly

Worcestershire
IN - Vaas (I'm not sure if he was already there though.)

Eclipse

International Debutant
Niel any chance you can change the way stats are updated..

ie we don't have to type in the balls bowled runs scored whatever etc.. just the average, innings and so on and have the rest worked out automaticly ?

would make updates much quicker

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Eclipse said:
Niel any chance you can change the way stats are updated..

ie we don't have to type in the balls bowled runs scored whatever etc.. just the average, innings and so on and have the rest worked out automaticly ?

would make updates much quicker
No - the database stores the data that Magpie shows and not averages.

kof98

U19 12th Man
This has probably been asked before- is it possible to change the limit of overseas players from one to two?

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I believe (though not 100%) that they are changing the rules to allow only 1 overseas player next year anyway (what with the inflow of Kolpak players) so probably ok to leave that in.

I'll amend Ganguly, McMillan and co in the next update.

Are there any other players I should put in??

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Also let me know if there are any players who have now retired or need nationalities or batting/bowling abilities changed etc.

Cheers.

Chris2K

Cricket Spectator
Great database, really helps after playing ICC2002 to have a bit of modernising!

Few things I've noticed:

Maybe Gavin Hamilton should be a batsman, not an all-rounder, after all of his bowling problems the last few years.

I think Gough should be down to a RFM now. Plus, how come Andy Flower's average is screwed?

I haven't seen them play on the game, but have David and Adam Harrison been updated a bit?

Any chance of making Chandana elligible by making him Scottish? I dunno if you can duplicate people or not, but you could leave one as Sri Lankan and then have the Glouces one as Scottish. Same would go for Murali, Mongia etc.

Greg Lamb should be an opening batsman now.

I'd say Andy Crook is a batsman rather than an all-rounder.

Is Vince Wells really a keeper or was my response that ICC got it wrong and meant him to be an all-rounder?

I hope Ian Blackwell's bowling's improved. As a Somerset follower (but a Surrey fan, I have to follow Somerset seeing as I work for them) his bowling has improved so much since ICC2002 was released.

Sussex are missing Johannes van der Wath:
http://content.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/player/47693.html

Neil Carter's an all-rounder, he opens for Warwicks in the NL.

Other than that everything's fine :P.

Sorry if I sound like I'm picking holes or anything, it's just I wanted to help out after you guys did such a good job with the previous updates :).