• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updated Database

cpr

International Coach
To be honest the game tends to be spinner friendly anyway, so mebbie knocking them all down a touch might even it out slightly

Graham

3rd Umpire
Yeah - ALL spinners need to be downgraded as their over ability ruins the international game.
If you could fix this 'spinner factor', the international game would be worth playing again!

Blaze

Banned
KentLad said:
Yeah I don't know about this problem of players being "lost" from your squad if you drop them - I hadn't noticed it. One for Neil I think :)

I've played for a couple of seasons at International with NZ and am quite pleased with the sides that the computer selects - except for the fact that James Foster gets into the England team, along with Owais Shah. I really don't know why - apart from this default squads issue.

Another thing, I made Vettori about a 115/116 bowler but he's now a world beater and seems to take 5 wickets every innings - so I'm having a rethink about making spinners this good. I haven't played India in a test yet but they seem pretty unbeatable with both Kumble and Harbhajan!

Is there any chance you could increase Bond's bowling?

darko21

U19 Debutant
Message for KentLad

I was just wondering if i was able to use your database to recreate my ACC database since your 2005 update is current info and stats. I will start editing with it today and if you don't wish me to put it on the forum, that's cool. i understand that. so just asking permission before i complete it and place it in the forum.
Thanks.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
No of course you can use it no worries!

As for Shane Bond - I have actually made him quite good - about 110 or so I think so he should be fairly godd already. Think I may knock some of these spinners down a bit then before my next update.

darko21

U19 Debutant
thankyou kentlad. only thing is i am using the original database because of the glitches with the other magpie editor so some bowling abilites will be lower than usual.

Blaze

Banned
SirBloody Idiot said:
Why?

He hasn't played International cricket for two years.

He hasn't proved anything to have his ability bumped up.

But it was wrong in the first place when he was playing international cricket and knocking the aussies over

Blaze

Banned
SirBloody Idiot said:
Yes, two years ago.

He hasn't shown that skill anymore.

He hasn't had the chance to.

What your basically saying is that he should be deducted bowling ability because he has been injured? Isn't the most accurate thing to go by his form before he was injured?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
BTW, My story is being played with the 2005 update, so feel free to check out the results in there, KentLad.

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
The Brett Lee effect suggests otherwise.

As for "knocking the Aussies over" - 3 wickets @ 96.33?

The Brett Lee effect? You can't judge him on another players poor comeback

I meant in ODI's marc where I think you will find if you go and dig up some stats his average is astonishing.

22 wickets in 6 games or something?

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
There's no separate bowling stats though - have to look at it all together.

Well in that case he averages 24 in tests and 19 in ODI's. I found out he averages 10 in ODI's against Aussie.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Blaze it doesnt matter mayn.. just hold up.. play it over a greater period of time and then see if it has improved.. btw i dont think either that Bond will be back to anywhere like his self as he bowled pre injury,,

Blaze

Banned
lord_of_darkness said:
Blaze it doesnt matter mayn.. just hold up.. play it over a greater period of time and then see if it has improved.. btw i dont think either that Bond will be back to anywhere like his self as he bowled pre injury,,
Your right.

Only time will tell.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Well in that case he averages 24 in tests and 19 in ODI's. I found out he averages 10 in ODI's against Aussie.
Great, two years ago.

You can't base stats on that, otherwise you do it for everyone.

Blaze

Banned
SirBloody Idiot said:
Great, two years ago.

You can't base stats on that, otherwise you do it for everyone.

Ok i don't care anymore but they are the best thing to go by because unlike other players they are the only stats he has got