• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updated Database

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hello,

I have made an updated database for ICC2002 which seems to work fairly well. If you'd like to download a copy then go ahead and give it a try. Let me know what you think and what I need to change.

Thanks, Ashley.

Attachments

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have updated all of the English county sides, and adjusted ages of all players so that they are 3 years older (to replicate 2005 season). I don't think it's possible to alter fixtures or league divisions.

I have also added in some new players for all international sides, and corrected skills and abilities of players - so the England team for example should contain Strauss, Harmison and then like.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I don't know too much about Pakistani domestic cricket I'm afraid. If you provide me with some information and stats then I'll happily update the database.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I've given it a crack, and just some ideas.

-Pakistan
Add Salman Butt
Add Yasir Hameed
Increase Akhtar bowling (around to 111 to 115)
Decrease Rana Naved's batting ability, make him speciallist bowler (no way he is worth 33, maybe an 11) Increase bowling
Decrease Wajahatullah Wasti's batting
Add Mohammad Khalil
Add Mohammad Asif

-India
Decrease Shiv Das batting
Add Lakshmipathy Balaji
Increase Zaheer bowling

-Australia
Increase Gilchrist batting
Increase Hayden batting
Increase Ponting batting
Increase Martyn batting, make his preference to spin
Increase Langer batting

-World Bowlers
As there is no doubt that Warne, McGrath and Muralitharan are the best bowlers, possibly put their skill into the 120s.

-New Zealand
Increase Oram batting, change bowling style to RFM
Change Kyle Mills bowling to RFM
James Marshall to opener, decrease bowling, increase batting
Craig Cumming as an opener

-Retired players
Gary Kirsten
Pommie Mbangwa
Aravinda de Silva
Hashan Tillakaratne

bryce

International Regular
SirBloody Idiot said:
Increase Oram batting, change bowling style to RFM
Change Kyle Mills bowling to RFM
mills and oram should definately be RMF....otherwise everything looks good

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cheers!

Do you have any further info on Salman Butt, Yasir Hammed, Balaji etc... eg skills for batting and bowling?

Also, one annoying thing I've found is that for some reason Travis Friend is rated the best batsmen in the world when you look at the ratings! Does anyone know why this is - or how to fix it?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
KentLad said:
Cheers!

Do you have any further info on Salman Butt, Yasir Hammed, Balaji etc... eg skills for batting and bowling?

Also, one annoying thing I've found is that for some reason Travis Friend is rated the best batsmen in the world when you look at the ratings! Does anyone know why this is - or how to fix it?
Nah mate, that happens sometimes. No idea why.

Salman Butt would probably be low on bowling and around 37 with batting, agressive.

Yasir Hameed, around 38, normal agression and medium bowling skill.

Balaji, batting at around 8, bowling RMF stock bowling at one, bowling skill at 103.

Good datatbase so far mate, also Daniel Vettori deserves to be WAAAAAAAAAY up.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
KentLad said:
Cheers!

I've not worked out which bits of the DB change ranking points... most of the time it just clears everyone, can't for the life of me work out why it's not affected Travis.

faizanjaved_91

Cricket Spectator
KentLad, in the county I select Sussex in which two overseas player are in ur database;Rana Naved & M.Goodwin but when the screen comes to select the team for the match rana Naved wasnt there only M.Goodwin was there and in Surrey also only 1 international player was in the list in the screen where we have to select the team for the match.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Was this when you selected your side for the first time? If so then this is because the default side seems to be selected automatically. If you look at your squad, rather than your first XI and replace first XI with squad players, then you should be able to pick Naved-ul-Hasan and Goodwin and all other new players.
Kent for example have Paul Nixon and Mark Ealham in their default squad, but by swapping them with "squad" players, they do not re-appear in the Kent squad.

faizanjaved_91

Cricket Spectator
Thanks

Thanks KentLad
I got it.
I also want to ask why cant we change the names of the teams except county teams
I tried to change Karachi Whites to Karachi Dolphins but when I run the game it crashes
Need help.pls

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm pretty sure that's for the same reason you can't change International names - the game wants them to be there to load for England tours.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
KentLad said:
Was this when you selected your side for the first time? If so then this is because the default side seems to be selected automatically. If you look at your squad, rather than your first XI and replace first XI with squad players, then you should be able to pick Naved-ul-Hasan and Goodwin and all other new players.
Kent for example have Paul Nixon and Mark Ealham in their default squad, but by swapping them with "squad" players, they do not re-appear in the Kent squad.
I have a similar problem as our Pakistani friend there as I cannot seem to be able to select the final three Somerset bowlers - they don't seem to come up when I scroll down to the remainder of the squad. Tried what you suggested and no luck.

The screenshot should show McLean, Munday or Suppiah at the bottom of the squad.

Attachments

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamie Cox should not be there. The easiest way to do it is to change every person in the default XI with somebody not selected. That will get rid of the ones not playing.