• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updated Database

Blaze

Banned
KentLad said:
Right, well when I said I'd fixed the contracts issue last time...I lied! Sorry! It seems that using the latest Magpie editor at all will mess up contract durations - so I've gone back to the old one, and this update should be ok.

I can't edit ethnicity with this one unfortunately, and the maximum skill you can set for bowlers is 111 not 121.

I've made Chris Cairns a slightly better player all round, but the other Kiwis appear about right to me. The reason they aren't picked for NZ by the computer is due to the default squads issue that I believe Neil is trying to sort out.

Basically at the start of the game, each country has default squads of players which the computer seems to pick from - regardless of how good they are.

What about a player like Bond? He is awful in the game

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
There is a problem with Indian and Sri Lankan players being unavailable for the 2002 season as they are on international duty - can't really see a way round it though I'm afraid.

Another issue..Kolpak players...like my friend Mr van Jaarsveld at Kent...I wonder if it would be an idea to make their nationality Scottish or Dutch as I believe that they can then continue to represent the county as non-overseas players, but won't get picked for England. What do you think?

If you make them have no nationality then they just leave at the end of the season.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll include it in the update.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I take it you mean as non-overseas players? Well of course you can change their nationality to Scottish or whatever, but then they won't get picked for the Aussie test side - don't think that would be any good really. It's only ok for Kolpak players as they won't play test cricket IRL anyway.

i'd have scott styris as a RM, and i reckon to make astle an opener for the benefit of ODI's, also lou vincent should be non-opener. as you can see i only browsed through the NZ players 8-)

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Who does open for NZ in Tests these days then - now that Richardson has retired?? Papps and Marshall??

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Something like that. :p
James Marshall, mind, not Hamish.

And Sean Ervine is an English player in the game... that`s odd. I know IRL he`s not eligible for Zimbabwe... so, meh. Yeah, Bevan isn`t a leggie.

Have you changed Bracken`s goodness? You better have made him a superstar. :@

Pretty much, it`s all good, just a few niggly things. Jones never gets picked as `keeper for England. If I think of any more, I`ll post `em. The Pakistani national side is quite different in comparison to real life, especially bowling-wise.

But overall man, it`s great. Thanks a bunch. :)

squiz

U19 Debutant
KentLad said:
I take it you mean as non-overseas players? Well of course you can change their nationality to Scottish or whatever, but then they won't get picked for the Aussie test side - don't think that would be any good really. It's only ok for Kolpak players as they won't play test cricket IRL anyway.
No, as an oversea's player. I haven't seen any Australian player which I can choose

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
A fresh start for Australia

I`ve started a new game with Australia, and so I`ll post a few things here.

Squad: Ponting, Gilchrist, Langer, Hayden, Martyn, Hussey, Bevan, Lehmann, Clarke, Katich, Symonds, Warne, MacGill, McGrath, Lee, GIllespie, Bracken, Tait

My team for the first tour match: Langer, Hayden, Ponting (c), Martyn, Bevan, Lehmann, Gilchrist (wk), Warne, Lee, Bracken, Tait.

My aim is to initially establish the top-order, fiddle round with the middle-order and to give some of the younger bowlers a go.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
squiz said:
No, as an oversea's player. I haven't seen any Australian player which I can choose
Think it's fairly random as to which overseas players you can sign - sorry can't help there!

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nnanden said:
Something like that. :p
James Marshall, mind, not Hamish.

And Sean Ervine is an English player in the game... that`s odd. I know IRL he`s not eligible for Zimbabwe... so, meh. Yeah, Bevan isn`t a leggie.

Have you changed Bracken`s goodness? You better have made him a superstar. :@

Pretty much, it`s all good, just a few niggly things. Jones never gets picked as `keeper for England. If I think of any more, I`ll post `em. The Pakistani national side is quite different in comparison to real life, especially bowling-wise.

But overall man, it`s great. Thanks a bunch. :)
I've made Sean Ervine Scottish now, together with all other Kolpak players.

Geraint Jones really annoys me! I've made him quite a bit better than keepers like Wallace and Foster but he still only gets picked rarely! Think this is a default squads issue.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Bond and Vettori need to be made better bowlers

Marshall needs to be made a better batsman (along with most of the nzers)

squiz

U19 Debutant
KentLad said:
Think it's fairly random as to which overseas players you can sign - sorry can't help there!
I just wanna know if it's a bug in the game, or if it's just my game

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Trescothing a pure opener.
Tremlett a better bowler(dunno if you picked that one up)
what did you do with Thorpe :O he made 220 in my 1st game against sri lanka!

kof98

U19 12th Man
Are all the subcontinent players still overrated? especially the spinners.

Few players that I think should be changed if possible, haven't read this thread so don't know if these were mentioned already.

J Rudolph Batting increase Bowling decrease! and not alrounder
All subcontinent spinners bowling decrease
R Sodi Batting decrease Bowling Decrease
L Reddy Batting Decrease

i'll post some more when I remember them