Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated Database

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Ok, looks like I've sorted out the contracts issue by using the older Magpie editor. So here ismy latest database. Feel free to download and let me know what you think.
    Attached Files Attached Files

cpr
    haha, seems i forgot about the whole contracts thing when i was editing, looks like back to the old magpie for me (dont really watch replays, so ethnicity goes unnoticed)

Never mind eh, keep up the good work with the editor, it'll get there in the end!!

KentLad... Good data update, i'm impressed (Lancashire are shocking with the bat, so spot on!!!!) Personally for me i dont like the players being 3 years older, but thats just personal preference (i want an extra 3 years to bump up freddies test stats!!), but very good update all the same!!!
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Some one needs to sort out NZ.. They are a shambles in the game and don't resemble anything close to the real side

The real side is shambles as well, don't really see any difference

The side that really needs to be looked at is Australia, the lack of good players that they get is disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by squiz
    The real side is shambles as well, don't really see any difference

The side that really needs to be looked at is Australia, the lack of good players that they get is disappointing

Haha fair call. What i meant was that the players who are actually decent (Cairns, Fleming, Bond, Vettori, Marshall, Astle etc) are all pretty average in the game and struggle to make the starting side.

Yeah AUS are screwed up in the game as well. Big time

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by KentLad
    Ok, looks like I've sorted out the contracts issue by using the older Magpie editor. So here ismy latest database. Feel free to download and let me know what you think.
    Aight, I`m downloading this, if it isn`t good, I`ll kill you.

No, really.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering the life of Phil 'The Prince' Hughes

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    First match: Australia v Pakistan at the Gabba

Australia - Gilchrist, Hayden, Ponting (cap), Martyn, Symonds, Clarke, Hussey, Hogg, Lee, Gillespie, McGrath
    Pakistan - Butt, Afridi, Ul-Haq (cap), Younis Khan, Youhana, Malik, Razzaq, Akmal, Naved-ul-Hasan, Sami, Akhtar

Pakistan 206 AO off 49.4 (Malik 59*, Razzaq 32, Ul-Haq 31) (McGrath 3/28, Gillespie 3/43)
    A huge top order collapse saw Pakistan in huge trouble, both openers went for ducks. From 2/3 to 4/56, things didn`t get much better. But some lower order resistance saw Pakistan make a semi-respectable 206 with two balls to spare.

Australia 208/3 off 34.4 (Ponting 80*, Martyn 78, Hayden 40)
    The Australians rocketed home with more than 15 overs left. The only problem was the early loss of Gilchrist for 1, but besides that, everyone contributed. The Pakistan bowlers were demolished, particularly Razzaq with 0/21 off 2 and Malik with 0/34 off 5. However Akhtar, bowling at first change, impressed with a steady 1/33 off 6 at great pace.

Nath`s thoughts: "My main problem was that the Pakistani players were white, that ain`t cool. The Pakistani`s top order was somewhat dissapointing, but Australia to their credit were dominant throughout. McGrath was spectacular, and Hogg wasn`t amazingly crap like he has been in the past. Very happy with the game, excellent editing... I mean play."
    Last edited by Nate; 04-06-2005 at 11:33 PM.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Right, well when I said I'd fixed the contracts issue last time...I lied! Sorry! It seems that using the latest Magpie editor at all will mess up contract durations - so I've gone back to the old one, and this update should be ok.

I can't edit ethnicity with this one unfortunately, and the maximum skill you can set for bowlers is 111 not 121.

I've made Chris Cairns a slightly better player all round, but the other Kiwis appear about right to me. The reason they aren't picked for NZ by the computer is due to the default squads issue that I believe Neil is trying to sort out.

Basically at the start of the game, each country has default squads of players which the computer seems to pick from - regardless of how good they are.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squiz
    I don't know if it's possible to edit future generations of players though.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Haha fair call. What i meant was that the players who are actually decent (Cairns, Fleming, Bond, Vettori, Marshall, Astle etc) are all pretty average in the game and struggle to make the starting side.
    To be fair, 3 years ago, how close was Marshall to the side?

All in all, a really good job man. The whiteness annoys me mucho, but I`ll survive.

A few things...

Hamish Marshall - did you make him any good?
    Salman Butt - likewise?
    Heath Streak - you seem to have created him from scratch, even though he is already in the game. i`ve played a few matches with him and he`s done really crap... IRL he`s pretty good IMO.
    Dwayne Bravo and Ryan Hinds - superstar batsmen. they smash where people fail. and hinds` bowling rocked hard.
    Mahesh Dhoni - hasn`t got out yet.

...and just a few of the bowlers bowling styles are whacked. Like, Cameron White is a leggie, Pathan isn`t FM, and a few others, but I don`t really care.

Verdict: 8.5/10. Bloody awesome, mind, you`ve rejuvenated ICC for me. You legend... get that man a New.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Thanks - glad you found it useful!

Hamish Marshall is rated at a 34 batsmen - and that should be enough to get him into the NZ national side.
    Salman Butt is a 37 batsmen now and again should be picked for Pakistan.

Mahendra Dhoni is only a 31 batsmen - so not sure why he's not got out yet!

Heath Streak was taken out of the game when in exile for Zimbabwe, but I then put him back in when he signed for Warwickshire. He's a 21 batsmen and 105 bowler so should comfortably be in the Zimbabwe side (once the issue of default squads has been sorted).

Bravo is a 31 batsmen and Ryan Hinds is 26 bats and 90 bowler - so shouldn't be a world-beater!

I've corrected Cameron White's bowling style, and Pathan's.

Anything else need changing? Once I've updated I'll re-post the files.

Is that right that Streak has been reintroduced as a new player?

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Alright, after looking over international results over a season.

Wasti's batting may need to come down a notch.

Marvan Atapattu, Jayasuriya and Sangakkara deserve to be above forty.

Saqlain is too good, and Flintoff is probably a bit too high bowling wise.

Kaspa is a bit too low, can't crack into a side.

For some reason Owais Shah and Will Jefferson always make the test team for England.

Sharma and Dahiya keep for India, maybe bump them below Patel and Karthik.

Lara, Kallis, Dravid and the Aussie top order deserve to be higher.

Katich maybe a little too high, haven't checked his stats, but he scored 6 centuries from six innings for Hampshire before injuring himself.

Anyway, very good database.

Nearly there.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Murali is in unavailable for 2002 so can't be at Lancashire
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information