• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updated Database

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Updating the histories is a tedious process. Obtaining the info from cricinfo.com then adding it to each of the players' career history stats (would take far too long to update last season's stats too!).

Obviously Magpie crashes if you update history on players who had not previously for example played a test and then try to add in data for their test history. Therefore you have to find older players who have now retired (like say DeFreitas) and swap them with the player you're updating (say Pietersen) and then Magpie will let you update the stats.

As I say, its a tedious process and I doubt there'll be enough players with available test and ODI history to update every player.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have to say I'm concerned that Cricket Coach will have the same problem at Michael Vaughan's game from a few years ago - in that it's far too easy and unrealistic. ICC may be old (especially the 2002 version!) but it is very accurate and addictive!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
KentLad said:
Updating the histories is a tedious process. Obtaining the info from cricinfo.com then adding it to each of the players' career history stats (would take far too long to update last season's stats too!).

Obviously Magpie crashes if you update history on players who had not previously for example played a test and then try to add in data for their test history. Therefore you have to find older players who have now retired (like say DeFreitas) and swap them with the player you're updating (say Pietersen) and then Magpie will let you update the stats.

As I say, its a tedious process and I doubt there'll be enough players with available test and ODI history to update every player.
If only someone who knew what they were doing had written it!

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
2007 Database

As we wait for the 2007 version, here's an update for the 2002 version.

It has all of the County Squads updated as at the 2007 season.

Any comments or ideas for new players are welcomed.

Cheers.

Attachments

mahmoodbhopal

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
hey kent led update is good speciall sucess team is great. but can u or some one else make a data which has good players in all the sides like every team should have atleast 6 to7 internationals stars and change their ages to 16 or 17 or younger thanks as editor is not working in my brother in laws laptop

darko21

U19 Debutant
KentLad, are the statistics on the database up to date or up to 2002 statistics? Curious because I am starting a Legend database idea again and want to use your database as a foundation.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
The stats are up to date in my latest update, although all player's ages have been upped by 5 years - ie if they were really born in 1980 then in the game it'll be 1975...

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Wow. First time i contemplate playing ICC again in near a year, so i come to this forum to try and find the old updates. But instead i get a brand new one, great work mate.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
2007 Update

I don't know how many people still play ICC 2002 (as I think that the new version is quite good) but it is still the only version that you can edit, so here is my latest update, designed for the English 2008/9 season.

It has updated stats for all countries and all the latest transfers for the upcoming season.

To get round the Kolpak issue, I have made all of these players Scottish which has the same effect as they won't get picked for England or their original country, but can remain with their county for as long as you want.

Any comments or omitted players would be welcomed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Attachments

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ha ha!

No, you can update stats but its painfully slow.

You have to swap players who have now retired (eg Ashley Giles) with people like Bopara for example and use Giles' original player history (ie test matches and odis).

You can't add Test/ODI history to a player who hadn't got it already...