• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updated Database

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi guys,

Well seeing as there looks unlikely to be any update for ICC 2005, I'm in the process of updating my database for the new year for ICC 2002.

It should work quite well as being 4 years old, England will start against Sri Lanka then go on to tour Australia (as they do in reality this year).

Any details of new players to be added this year are welcomed.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Indeed they are. I'm currently updating some of the player's history too - but it does take a long time!

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Is there anyway to add the new players into the game like Dan Cullen, Adam Crostwaite etc?

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dan Cullen is definitely in my update. Basically you just overwrite the older players who have now retired with the new ones.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
KentLad said:
Dan Cullen is definitely in my update. Basically you just overwrite the older players who have now retired with the new ones.
hmm no new players showed up in my game, where do i put the update?

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah this is all for ICC 2002. Just extract the files and copy over the existing ones (please make a backup copy of your original files first though!!!).

I'm offline for a few days, but will hopefully post a new version over the weekend so if you have any ideas then let me know.

Cheers.

Blaze

Banned
Thoughts on increasing Shane Bond's skill now?

Since his comeback

ODI's 20 matches 40 wickets 6/19(best bowling) 17.05 average

Tests 3 matches 20 wickets 6/51 (best bowling) 12.3 average and two 5 wicket bags

Last edited:

yorkie

Cricket Spectator
On updated database:) :)
In Yorkshire
Matthew Wood's photo?? (not him)
Chris Silverwood has left (Middlesex)
Deon Kruis (Scotland???) and Yorkshire
Adam Warren has left

Is it possible to update the pictures using magpie or something?

Just wondering, but is funny seeing Matthew Hoggard bald!!:laugh:

Yorkie

Last edited:

galvatron20

Cricket Spectator
can someone please post a basic data file as i've corrupted mine through magpie and my disc is long since scratched to death!!

thanks

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think my update should work with ACC but not 100% - give it a try (but backup first)!

Cheers for comments about Yorkshire players - Kruis (and all other Kolpak players) have been made Scottish as that seems the best way to incorporate them into the game.

You can update the photos yourself by finding a picture of your desired player (eg Hoggard) and then re-sizing it (using Paint or something) to 60x70 pixels and then saving it in the ICC photos directory over the top of the existing picture (in this case the file would be "HOGGARD MJ.bmp". Hope that helps.

The career history update is a slow painful process but I'm slowly getting there!

darko21

U19 Debutant
More a post directed at Haddin, I have started collating the squads for ACC Update for 2006. I am using KentLad's updated database (hope you don't mind KentLad, forgot to ask). I will update all Aussie histories (try to) up to the South Africa series. Mind you, this may take a while due to Uni.