• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Most Painful Catch Ever??

cpr

International Coach
Firstly may i just say, i dont really like posting screenshots from this save, because i HAVE edited the data... Nothing stupid though, just minor tweaks

However, i didnt make Tim Roberts (lancs batsman and not a bad OS in the game) anything god like at all.... infact i dont remember touching him.... which makes this worth posting

Bear in mind Giles' wicket was the 9th of the innings, which makes you wonder if this was real, what would have been going through Tim's mind as the ball came to him in the deep......

Attachments

squiz

U19 Debutant
OK someone has to explain this one to me :(

I just didnt look at it hard enough :D

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I believe a similar incident happened with Richard Hadlee when he bagged nine wickets against Australia in 1985 - took the first nine before taking the catch to dismiss the final Australian.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Yeah, a guy I played with in the seniours got all ten, and there was a catch dropped off my mate's bowling :D It was funny, the guy had seven or eight at the time and he was like 'nooooo!'

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hehehe... I got a nine-for with McGrath and he had five balls left... interesting situation. :D

bryce

International Regular
Somerset said:
I believe a similar incident happened with Richard Hadlee when he bagged nine wickets against Australia in 1985 - took the first nine before taking the catch to dismiss the final Australian.
yep that's right i was about to post the same thing, however i'm not sure his catch was the 10th wicket of the innings...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
yep that's right i was about to post the same thing, however i'm not sure his catch was the 10th wicket of the innings...
Actually you're correct, Vaughan Brown took the ninth, rather than the tenth. Ironically, Brown caught last man Holland off Hadlee's bowling though.