• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Manager by cricketgames.com

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
This is a question for Daniel.

Is Cricket Manager still in development? it sounds like a brilliant idea, the features look great! what can you tell us?

I'm keen for a great new cricket simulator...unlike the ones available now.

Axe

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Cricket Manager is currently on hold. Unfortunately I can not dedicate the time to it I would like. Plus any time I do spend on it I tend to tinker with the match engine (which is really already complete). At some point I will come back to it.

If it was near completion or being worked on full-time I would make people aware of it :D to build up interest.

Daniel.

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
just a question about development for cricket manager in relation to windows longhorn.

What language are you writing it in?

will it be compaitable with longorn? i've heard a lot of stuff won't run on it, especially if your software uses old windows modules. If you take too long to develop it, it may become obsolete pretty quick.

Axe

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well as Longhorn is not available impossible to say what old programs won't run That said Microsoft are not going to prevent old programs from working otherwise no-one will upgrade. The only prorgams under danger are probably 16-bit ones. All standard 32 bit (Windows 95 onwards) should work fine.

All this talk though is irrelevant as the match engine is totally independent of any particular OS as it is written in standard C++. The interface layer is what will make it platform dependant and that doesn't exist yet.

Daniel.