• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pretty impressive ODI debut

cpr

International Coach
I'd selected Richard Johnson as a squad member for the 2002 ODI tournament between England/India/Sri Lanka... won 1 lost 4 due to some pretty dull bowling (i'd managed to score 250+ in all games, but had been batting first, Hoggard/Gough/Sidebottom hadnt taken enough wickets so the spinners Giles/Schofield were battered by top oder batsmen instead of sweeping up the tail as intended)

Come to final game, decided to give Johnson a debut, put him as opener as it was a worthless match, and i didnt know if i'd use him again, so wanted it to register showing him played at least 1 ODI (as the batting doesnt show unless he's batted at least once)

Did pretty impressive pinch hitting, 45 off 47...

Then came his bowling....

Well i'll let the pictures tell the rest

Attachments

cpr

International Coach
Not actually played that save since (as its a county/England one, and i'm bored of the county stuff at the moment).... Think he'll be going to Australia in the winter on it though... IF he can improve his clearly shocking test form :)