• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Little help?

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well I've taken off the covers and resumed play on ICC 2000 after a significant rain delay but to my surprise both Indigo and Empire are dead and so I can't get hold of the patch, now Yorkshire is in trouble as coaching spots disappear and stamina drops away. Does anyone have the answer to reignite my flagging season?
Basically I need the patch to ensure I can keep my coaching spots but I don't know where to find it. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, was there ever an editor made for ICC 2000 and does anyone know where it lives if there was?
Hope you can help,
Cheers,
Ed :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the patch is quite possibly on this website on the download section, i dont think it does anything to saved games though, only new ones.... i could be wrong on all counts however

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Editor lives here - it's utterly unofficial, completely unsupported and doesn't always do what you tell it to. Check the "Editing Developments" thread.

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Age_Master: Cheers, I found the patch after a bit of hunting yesterday and you're right about it not altering saved games... oh well, maybe I can just start again!

Neil: This may sound like a dumass question but the Magpie editor, does that work for ICC 2000? I'm sure it does but thought I'd confirm it.
Cheers guys!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
supereddi08 said:
Age_Master: Cheers, I found the patch after a bit of hunting yesterday and you're right about it not altering saved games... oh well, maybe I can just start again!

Neil: This may sound like a dumass question but the Magpie editor, does that work for ICC 2000? I'm sure it does but thought I'd confirm it.
Cheers guys!
Yes, you're correct mate, Magpie works on ICC 2000.

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cheers Somerset.
Good to see a fellow kiwi offering advice :p Any tips for Friday's game? Hopefully, for me anyway being stuck in Ozland, we'll make a bit more of a fight of it in the second dig. :wacko:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
supereddi08 said:
Cheers Somerset.
Good to see a fellow kiwi offering advice :p Any tips for Friday's game? Hopefully, for me anyway being stuck in Ozland, we'll make a bit more of a fight of it in the second dig. :wacko:
Nice to see another Kiwi then, there's a few from New Zealand so you should fit in well!

As far as the second test goes, it'd be an incredible achievement just to draw the match. Still, as long as we can get another good start but not blow that on the fourth day, we should have an outside chance anyway.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Certainly does, but you may have to download the basic 2002 DBs first for it to work.

*BACK UP YOUR ORIGINALS* :)

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
No worries Neil, I tried it with the 2000 dbs and it had issues but I dled the 2002 ones and it works fine, it's kinda cool it's like I've got a new game with the dbs.
Somerset: I suppose I just want us to be competitive. No shame losing to the Aussies, they are damn good but I would like to see us put up a bit of a fight which we really haven't done for most of the series. Oh and let's just pray for Shane Bond or at least another wicket taking fast bowler!

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
supereddi08 said:
No worries Neil, I tried it with the 2000 dbs and it had issues but I dled the 2002 ones and it works fine, it's kinda cool it's like I've got a new game with the dbs.
Somerset: I suppose I just want us to be competitive. No shame losing to the Aussies, they are damn good but I would like to see us put up a bit of a fight which we really haven't done for most of the series. Oh and let's just pray for Shane Bond or at least another wicket taking fast bowler!
OMGWTF Its another Somers! :blink: I can barely keep up with one and there's a new one!