• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2005 updated database - semi complete

Greg Blewett

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well i've been working on updating the game's database and was wondering if some ppl. can check if the game is working fine for them like it is for me.

I've only updated the game semi-complete so far with the completion of the Australian section of the data, West Indies & Zimbabwe. So if anyone could give them a go and give me some feedback.

All the 2005 players have been added and the players stats altered, histories updated etc.

Ages haven't been updated as of yet, that will be done last.

Thanks for all the feedback in advance.

Just unzip these to your -Empire Interactive/International Cricket Captain 2002 folder....

..download..

mahmoodbhopal

its working but i was thinking if you can increase some players abalities like afridi batting abblaties bowling make jayasuriya all rounder tendulker and few other including shoaib malik

Greg Blewett

Yeah as I said still haven't done any of the sub-continent teams in that update. Just finished Pakistan though and starting India, so everything will be done and i'll upload final thing soon.

Blaze

Banned
Greg Blewett said:
Yeah as I said still haven't done any of the sub-continent teams in that update. Just finished Pakistan though and starting India, so everything will be done and i'll upload final thing soon.
Please do NZ.. if you can. It would be greatly appreciated

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
Great Stuff Blew,

I tryed it in the summer, (well, when it was 1 of 5 30 degree days down in Melb) but, errors always occured ????

Good to see the stats changed aswell mate.

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
SirBloody Idiot said:
Oh no, 30 degrees?

You must have been dead.

Typical Victorians...

But hey, for us in Perth, 25 is cold.
Nah, mate, you got me all wrong.

I used that as an example, because the 2004/05 summer in Melbourne has not been a summer (I said i tryed it in the summer you see, lol). We have been in drought, and we only got 4 or 5 30 degree days down here.

Mate, you guys over in the West might consistently get in the 30's, but we can survive mate. 1 day it is 32, the next it is 22 and overcast, that example was Friday (32) and Saturday (22).

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
How did you do the stats blewy - what is the trick, because I do it, without resetting and it always ****s up, i am glad you have done the AUS database, cheers mate - but i want to know what the trick is??? :D

crazyeight

Cricket Spectator
wicked job mate.,.....cant tell u how good it is having all the current aussies going...just one question...will u be updating the county teams aswell? hope u do cos this is keeping icc alive.....thanks again

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
SIX AND OUT said:
How did you do the stats blewy - what is the trick, because I do it, without resetting and it always ****s up, i am glad you have done the AUS database, cheers mate - but i want to know what the trick is??? :D
So do I - then I might be able to fix it!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
will u be updating the county teams aswell? hope u do cos this is keeping icc alive.....thanks again
that will be a bit of a mission... im sure if 2-3 more people with some free time can help him out all those other countries and counties can be worked on..

Blaze

Banned
Can someone please tell me a way I will know if the update is working for me. Like a player who wasn't in the game originally but should be with the update? thanks.

Blaze

Banned
Hes not there. I downloaded the files and unzipped them into my icc folder.. Does anyone konw why it might not have worked?

Blaze

Banned
Don't worry I have fixed it up

Am i right in saying that this just updates players stats etc and not their abilities in the game?

Last edited:

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
If it doesn't do anything ability wise, then i might have a crack myself. I know how each player goes, but I will have to re-download magpie.

Greg Blewett

The abilities are fixed, if you find someones ability that you think is wrong tell me and i'll re-look at it,

The English county teams will be done but done last as they take the longest.

I'll show you how to edit it without getting errors i'll put up a little tutorial but it will take some time.

Blaze

Banned
Greg Blewett said:
The abilities are fixed, if you find someones ability that you think is wrong tell me and i'll re-look at it,

The English county teams will be done but done last as they take the longest.

I'll show you how to edit it without getting errors i'll put up a little tutorial but it will take some time.

So are you telling me that not only did you introduce the new stats, new players etc but you also changed the abilities according to how they play these days? If so you are a bloody legend mate.