• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC on Win Xp Pro

theVodkaCircle

Cricket Spectator
Gday all, new poster.

I've had the original ICC for ages but dug it out today to have another go. This is the first time I've tried it on XP though.

Installs fine but when you run it, you get this message.

"International Cricket Captain requires yous System Font Size to be set to 'small fonts'. Please change this setting in the Control Panel and then re- run the game'

Unfortunately, "Large Fonts" is the smallest I have available. I've tried manually reducing the font size with the slider but no change.

Any suggestions please ?

btw. ACC, ICC Ashes, and ICC2 run fine. It's just I've got some old save games from ICC that I want to keep going with. :)

Cheers
Vod

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Normally ICC works fine on XP and ACC is the one that comes up with that error.Are you sure you havnt got the games mixed up? cause if u have then there is no solution at the present time. ACC cannot be played on Xp.

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The ORIGINAL ICC does not work on XP for exactly the same reason as ACC. It is a fonts related problem and there is NO solution!

Some people have claimed it works but only if you install XP as an upgrade to an existing 98/ME installation.

Unfortunately I never had access to the ICC source code otherwise I would try and fix it.

Daniel.