• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2004 - batting help please

FlemingFan

Cricket Spectator
I've recently bought EA Sports Cricket 2004 for my PC but am having major trouble with the batting.

I only seem to be able to use my four arrow keys, and can therefore only play four types of shots? How can I use the keys on my NumPad so I can use the entire range of shots? I have tried using with NumLock & without!

Hoping someone can help me ?????

Many thanks!

Dydl

International Debutant
Oh. Well, I had this problem too at first. You actually have to press two arrow keys at once to play a shot. So <- and the down arrow key all pressed at once with S, would play a cover drive/staight drive. You just swap it around for a leftie. Meaning that the -> and down arrow would be a cover drive and the off drive would be <- and down as opposed to a right-handers -> and down arrow. Those shots are accompanied by pressing the S key.

The hook/sweep for a rightie is -> and up and is also a cut for a leftie. <- and up is a cut for a right hander and a hook/sweep for a leftie.

Dydl

International Debutant
From where? I have never heard it. What is wrong with Ctrl+Alt+Delete?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Some combinations don't work from my experience of using the keyboard when playing games.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:
Some combinations don't work from my experience of using the keyboard when playing games.
Thats not true dude.....in the cricket game u actually can press four keys at once...example:- when playing the Lofted cover drive u press three buttons (right, down and s) plus you press whatever the SIX button is. so thats four buttons at once..... and the PC does respond to it properly. if it doesnt then ur keyboard is crap.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
Thats not true dude..
Strictly speaking it is true, since it's my experience, but it was a fair while back (seeing as I don't tend to play many games any more)

Cloete

International Captain
Yeah marc's right. When I used to play Fifa on my mates computer i couldn't press diagonally (Say left and up to run diagonally left) and then press pass, shoot or lob at the same time.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Best solution is to buy a gamepad. I don't understand why anyone would want to play games using the keyboard...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I did get one eventually - but now I can't be bothered with that sort of game really - not enough in it to keep my interest as a 1 player game.