• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Climbing The Pinnacle

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Note: I hope Mr Mxyzsomeotherlettersrighthere doesn't mind that I go for something like his idea. It hopefully won't be too similar though, so I thought I'd give it a crack. Starting in 2002, with a player edited into the game who for once isn't god. :blink:

======

Gloustershire name two signings before 2002 County Season

Gloustershire completed two signings heading into the next season of the County Championship. Up and coming Australian keeper Luke Ronchi joins the club with right arm quick Chris Behm.

Ronchi has finished a season with the Western Australia 2nd XI, and was signed today, and the club is hopeful he will deliver.

While an out of the ball park signing in 19 year old Englishman Chris Behm was signed after impressing the officials after a recent practice match against Gloustershire. The right armer stunned the top order as he snared 6/29 as the Gloustershirians were rolled for 197 against club side London 1st Grade.

Don't expect him to perform with the bat, despite his highest ever score of 23 coming off 207 deliveries in the practice match against Gloustershire.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
--------------------------------------------
1 April 2002

Dear Journal,

Good lord, I'd think its an April Fools. After that delicious showing against Gloustershire, I've actually been signed for two years by them!

Thank Christ they didn't notice my average for my club...a rather modest...ahem...125 per wicket. But that 6/29 was bloody good.

Will not expect a game at all for the 1sts, but that may come in time, our first game is against Worcs 2nds, and I've been named in the XI along with the Aussie Luke Ronchi. He looks to be a star mind you.

Training so far has been good, although I think I got on the bad side of Roger Sillence, that bouncer I bowled him broke his finger. Ouch! Thank god it wasn't Kimmy Barnett, the poor bugger might have had a heart attack.

The boys are treating me and Lukey pretty well so far, being the new blokes we had some orientation that I don't want to go into.

Anyway, I'll post the results after the match, plus the First XI.

Fingers crossed I play well.

Chrissy.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Gloustershire 467 a/o d. Worcestershire 235 a/o & 176 a/o by an innings and 56 runs
18 - 22 April 2002
County Championsip Division 2

Gloucs XI: Windows, Spearman, Taylor, *Barnett, Hancock, Alleyne, +Pope, Bressington, Fisher, Lewis, Smith

Contributors
Steven Pope 172
Christopher Taylor 152
Matthew Windows 46

Andrew Smith 7/79 & 2/49
Jonathan Lewis 1/52 & 5/48
Ian Fisher 1/40 & 3/63

Dear lord, the firsts looked long gone from what I heard. At one stage they were 5/108, but a great 255 put on between Popey and Taylor really saved this. Trust a Chris to make a century. Andy Smith was wonderful with the ball, I'd aspire to be just like him. We came from all odds to win that match, a huge morale booster.

Chris Behm's 2nd XI Match: 1 & 2, 1-26 & 1-56
We struggled big time in this match. A loss against Worcs 2nd XI by 107 runs. My form wasn't brilliant, but I did get a bit out of the wicket, I clean ripped Depesh Patel on the last ball of my first over. Unfortunately, things didn't continue like that. Lukey R. got some starts, a 30 and 33, and also took four catches behind the pegs.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Gloustershire v. Essex
24 April 2002
County Championsip Division 2
Essex win the toss and elect to bat

Gloustershire XI: Windows, Spearman, *Barnett, Taylor, Hancock, Russell, +Pope, Snape, Fisher, Lewis, Smith

Essex 381 & 214 def. by. Gloustershire 471 & 125-3

Contributors
Jeremy Snape 131 & 8*
Matthew Windows 99 & 32
Jack Russell 76

Ian Fisher 3-86 & 5-52
Jonathan Lewis 5-58 & 1-47

Another fine effort by the XI, pitch definately good for the batsman to start with. I hate those pitches. Snapey came in and really struggled with the ball, but was marvelous with the bat in the first innings, his highest FC score! The bowlers share the load now, three people have five fors now. I feel for Matty Windows, 99! Don't feel for Darren Robinson for them, the cheeky bugger made 99 as well. Plastered that foot infront of the stumps and Jonno caught him plumb.

Chris Behm's 2nd XI Efforts: 8* & 23, 1-27 & 2-58
Not too bad of an effort, I didn't come on until the thirty eighth over, but got a breakthrough in the seventh ball of my spell. My batting was tremendous, I batted at five in the second as a Nightswatchsman, 23 off 32. Bloody quick for me, but that sweep shot needs working on. Especially against pace bowlers...Outside leg stump. Striking at 56.66 this season, wonderful. Also taken a catch. Ronchez took two catches, both off my bowling.

Current Stats
Batting I - 4, NO - 1, R - 34, Ave. - 11.33, SR - 56.66
Bowling O - 57, R - 167, W - 5, Ave. 33.40, RpO - 2.93 (Best RpO in the team)