• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EA sports Cricket 2004 hitting bug!!

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
Hi everyone,
I am new to this site. I have been playing cricket games for a long time.
I got cricket 2004 as soon as it was released.
I have a problem...i can hit 3 sixes (at least in one over by that advance + power shot)...Its getting ridiculous. is there any way that this will not happen...I know bowling is very easy ( the cpu gets runout so many times)...

But is there a way to prevent yourself from hitting sixes so easily.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Play on hard

Ban yourself from playing the advance and six hit shot

Wait till a better cricket game comes out

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
I agree thats a good idea and i was practising that for some time. but sometimes you just want to come down the track and stuff like that. But I guess we will have to wait for a better game. Hope Brian Lara 2005 and cricket 2006 live upto the expectations.

Josh

International Regular
Looking at the BRIC 2005 things, it is good in some areas, but weak in others. Cricket 2006 is meant to be using a different development & design company, but as we know with all the EA Cricket games that have ever been released, they've all been rushed and had WAY too many bugs. So let's hope they take their damn time with this one and make sure they get it RIGHT.

Cricket 2004's gameplay was an improve on 2002, as were it's features, but it had about 10 times the ammount of bugs. Which is quite honestly pathetic IMO.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
Yes, I agree to this. Cricket 2004 gameplay is mucg better than cricket 2002 . They did try. But again the bugs kiled the game. I think they don`t put a lot of testing in the game as Josh said they rush the game.
Bowling wise they should work more on the swing in the ball. balls don`t swing in cricket 2004 they seam at times though.
Batting wise they need to incorporate more shots like on the rise cover drive on good length balls ( ofcourse its risky) but in cricket 2004 they don`t have anything like that. Also hook and pull should be easier to employ.
these are just few of the points ...everybody has atleast some.
Lets hope for a game with least bugs..

Josh

International Regular
zimrahil said:
How do you know it is weak in some areas ?
The info we got from that guy from codemasters indicates some areas which were included in EA Cricket 2004, such as domestic competitions, will not be included in the new version of Brian Lara Cricket.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
I really don`t care much about the domestic competetions as far as the gameplay is good. There are a lot of points to be covered as far as tge gameplay is concerned.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
i do care about Domestic comp. i think its kewl to play County-od games, tho it could be better...more of a real career...something like ICC but then mix it with cricket 2k4 or 2k6 ofcourse :P

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
Also bowling should be more realistic like swing should be more prominent. Gameplay engine should be such that there are more play and miss shots. the good thing about cricket 2004 was that it took care of attributes which players had indivisually like players were better or worse in certain areas as compared to others. Fielding bugs and batting bugs (bowling was not good either) were far too many.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
Yeah sure ...domestic competitions do add to the replay value.
But don`t you think gameplay is the first and foremost. There are a lot of bugs in the game.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
Hard level. I am talking about the hard level . Hitting sixes on good length balls on hard level is ridiculous if you use the advance+power boost. Just push these buttons simulataneously when the bowler is about to release the ball (pace bowlers). In test matches maintaining a runrate of 10 is not even a challenge. Moreover any batsman can hit sixes. Its very easy.

Josh

International Regular
haha. I'm playing a test match on hard level Vs. West Indies and I bowled them out for 59. Bracken took 6... LMAO

Josh

International Regular
nope, guess that's the next thing to start doing... still wish I had it on PC