• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ITC Databases, records

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I love ITC (Internet Test Cricket) which is the same as International Test cricket.

I would love to see some records of people posted here along with databases people are willing to share.

If its too inconvenient, please e mail them to me at pratyushkhaitan@hotmail.com

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I swear this program has some bugs because i bowled Justin Langer and he took 10 for 3 or sumthing. And also i think my highest team score is well over the 1000's and my highest individual score is somewear around 400.

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I wouldn't say they ae bugs. Internet Test Cricket is very dependent on the database you use and then which teams you play. If you always played Australia vs Bangladesh then records and averages would get skewed.

Even if niether of those factors are relevant it would be more of a bug if Langer always took 3-10 but a one off occurance would not be an issue and similar things have happened in real life with non bowlers turning their arm and taking a few wickets. Likewise a highest score of 400 is not that far fetched or a highest total of 1000 - The A.I. will happily bat in to the third day which most teams wouldn't although Sri Lanka scored very close to 1000 a few years ago.

Daniel.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
kears_falcon_9 said:
I swear this program has some bugs because i bowled Justin Langer and he took 10 for 3 or sumthing. And also i think my highest team score is well over the 1000's and my highest individual score is somewear around 400.
If you fiddle with the database or get just one thing wrong, then that sort of thing happens.

It's not a bug, but a user error.

I found that sort of thing in extensive testing for ALFTA.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
400 happens occasionally for me, hardly too unrealistic if you have teams like Australia playing a number of series against crap sides

DJellett

International Debutant
CricketGames.com said:
I wouldn't say they ae bugs. Internet Test Cricket is very dependent on the database you use and then which teams you play. If you always played Australia vs Bangladesh then records and averages would get skewed.

Even if niether of those factors are relevant it would be more of a bug if Langer always took 3-10 but a one off occurance would not be an issue and similar things have happened in real life with non bowlers turning their arm and taking a few wickets. Likewise a highest score of 400 is not that far fetched or a highest total of 1000 - The A.I. will happily bat in to the third day which most teams wouldn't although Sri Lanka scored very close to 1000 a few years ago.

Daniel.
Ah yes but he is saying Langer took 10 wickets for 3 runs (using Aussie teminology) not 3 wickets for 10 runs (English)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
DJellett said:
Ah yes but he is saying Langer took 10 wickets for 3 runs (using Aussie teminology) not 3 wickets for 10 runs (English)
No. In "Aussie terminology", 3-10 is three wickets for 10 runs for a bowler, and it is also 3 wickets for 10 runs for a team. We don't switch them around as English people do.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I was the one that rote the first bit and im not English im Aussie and Langer took 10 WICKETS for 3 RUNS....... ive always said wickets/runs