• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cricket 2004 help!

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I just got my Cricket 2004 game for PC. And I am having some major trouble. Can any of you guys give me some bowling tips? It seems that every time I bowl, the umpire calls it a no ball :wacko: :@ :wacko:

masterblaster

International Captain
Just bowl yorkers mate, and dont forget to click on the 'bowl' button before your bowling momentum meter or whatever it is which is yellow exceeds the limit.

Your probably exceeding it everytime, which is why your bowling no balls. Whatever key you have assigned to 'bowl', push it twice, obviously the greater the momentum meter is up, the faster your delivery will be. But push the button again before the limit on the meter and you wont bowl no balls.

To get wickets, the yorker is your best friend.

Hope I'm making sense.

dinu23

International Debutant
u can get caught behinds by bowling outswingers

for this the bowler must be a good swing bowler. u just have to pitch on a good length just outside off stump and the batsman will drive or play defensive. most of the time they get caught behind.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To get wickets, the yorker is your best friend.
I found that to be true in 2002 but in 2004, it's done nothing for me. I generally get wickets by moving the ball around just outside off-stump. Might try yorkers again because if it's working for you, well it should work for me!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Eclipse said:
this is obviously the wrong place for this thread but before it's closed or moved ppl should cheek this place out..

http://www.cricket2004.co.uk/portal/ they have heaps of AI patches updates etc..
Yeah that website kicks a-ss, you can download any kind of mods you can think of, and even request someone to make some for you. Right now someone is working on making WC 92 kits for all teams.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
ReallyCrazy said:
I just got my Cricket 2004 game for PC. And I am having some major trouble. Can any of you guys give me some bowling tips? It seems that every time I bowl, the umpire calls it a no ball :wacko: :@ :wacko:
If you want easy wickets in easy mode, here's what you gotta do. Put two fielders straight down, one at long-arm, and one either straight or a little farther than long arm. Bowl yorkers with a fast or medium paced bowler, but bowl at the slowest speed (i don't mean a slow delivery, a regular delivery that's very slow). The AI will try to hit sixes on the yorkers, but since the delivery isn't that fast, the ball will most likely not make it past the boundary and will get caught.

But if you wanna enjoy bowling, I suggest you play test cricket, very hard to get wickets, you'll learn a lot of new ways to bowl.

twctopcat

International Regular
On ODI's just bowl outside off stump on a good line to a packed off side field and no slips. And by packed i mean no leg side fielders. They eventually hit length balls to extra cover and boundary men in the same spot. Or also the slow ball yorker theory with long on/off works as well.

bryce

International Regular
Top_Cat said:
I found that to be true in 2002 but in 2004, it's done nothing for me. I generally get wickets by moving the ball around just outside off-stump. Might try yorkers again because if it's working for you, well it should work for me!
i try to pitch it on or outside off at a good length aswell and also you can set field placings which blocks of all of the batsmans shots because the AI is not the most advanced.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
bowling yorkers against a decent batsman in an odi will only result in the ball sailing over the rope for 6, just outside off roundabouts a medium legth will sometimes confuse the batsman and he will select the wrong shot which will result in a wicket, or of course use a deecent spinner which will see you get an edge osy ball and end up with ridiculous figres like 6 runs for 7 wickets.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
nightprowler10 said:
Yeah that website kicks a-ss, you can download any kind of mods you can think of, and even request someone to make some for you. Right now someone is working on making WC 92 kits for all teams.

Glad you like the site. I'd recommend getting an AI patch even if you haven't mastered the game. The good ones (use Tutsi's on medium) will get you more edges and better variation of shot placement (i.e. every cover drive doesn't go exactly in the same place).
Don't forget the updated roster including Shane Warne as well :cool:

bryce

International Regular
what's the gameplay like on computer compared to PS2 and which one do you guys prefer?(not taking into account the ability to obtain patches) since i've only ever played it on PS2.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Well it's the same but without the potential for changing it... I use a joypad on PC so it's pretty much like PS2 only better graphics, bug fixes, proper kits rosters and bats, AI patches, stadium graphics, TV overlays etc

Dydl

International Debutant
Sometimes just after a wicket has fallen, my commentary seems to just stop. Does it happen to anyone else?