• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Needs to be in this game!! **SUGGESTIONS**

Hayds_not_Shoab

Cricket Spectator
Injurys should occur like when Shane Warne dived for a catch while bowling and dislocated his shoulder. Aggressive fast bowlers like Brett Lee should bowl WAAAAAY faster than fast-medium bowlers like Michael Kasporwichz. Also different bowling actions, like Akhtars retarted run up - sorry if that offends anyone, and Gillespies little jump thingy he does. :huh:

lankan

Cricket Spectator
I'd like to see a ppresentation after each match.Players looking more like human bodies rather than robots of a sort.Better stroke play by batsman.players names written on hte back of their shirts.game play shoukd be more realistic compared with camera angles the speed of the game,movment of the players.A choice between different outfits for each country.Real brands of bats and balls.Real faces of the umpires.

Josh

International Regular
lankan said:
players names written on hte back of their shirts
And the proper numbers aswell, instead of in Cricket 2004 where the numbers correspond with their position in the batting lineup. Also, the option for broad-brimmed hats as well as the caps would be good.

Players reactions when they come off the ground, after they've made 50 or 100 they should show it where they walk off, raising the bat and a few spectators patting them on the back and applause, and if they make a small amount they walk off shaking their heads... something like that.

Also, when taking an "easy single", the batsmen don't run as fast, like say they hit it straight to someone in the deep they just come through lazily.

djwolf

Cricket Spectator
Firstly I think this game could learn a fair bit from Cricket 2004 which is easily the best cricket game to date but still has it's faults.

Things to include in BLC2005 (sorry for the long list):

More crowd chants which are relative to the country i.e drums in Windies and drunken cheers in England. Chanting for several overs just after a wicket or break in play.

Player's real life traits i.e Flintoff lifting his bat way before the delivery and Muralitharan's unique bowling action.

More realistic cut scenes between deliveries i.e Showing a batsman playing with his pad or a slip fielder stretching.

A decent run rate scored by the computer in test matches (in C2004 the computer is too defensive when batting).

Intelligent field placing by the computer for the situation.

A fair amount of catches behind the wicket (like in C2004).

Occasional bat pad catches with appeals for spin deliveries.

Inside edges which sometimes hit the wickets.

Certain fast bowlers should be able to use swing.

A cut scene for the ending of a match i.e celebrations on the balcony (no previous game has done this).

A man of the match and man of the series.

More bad light and rain affected matches in all countries.

A career option where you play as a domestic team and buy/sell players.

Highlights at the end of an innings i.e showing batsmen's 50/100's, a few boundaries and wickets (if possible).

TV Camera's around the ground.

Online play.

Rich2001

International Captain
bryce said:
choice of commentators maybe ? each having there own trademark sayings incorporated.
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
That would be quite expensive one would imagine. Unless of course they use average joes.
Well Rubbergenius who is the Community Liaison working with us here at Cricket Web announced in their forums last week that the following would be the commentators for the game and like in real life will rotate throughout the match etc in pairs.

In BLIC2005 the commentators will be:

David Gower
Jonathan Agnew
Bill Lawry
Ian Bishop
Tony Greig
Jeff Thomson

Josh

International Regular
A choice to appeal rather than the computer doing it for you. And a longer pause before the umpire raises the finger, i.e. Steve Bucknor

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
Well Rubbergenius who is the Community Liaison working with us here at Cricket Web announced in their forums last week that the following would be the commentators for the game and like in real life will rotate throughout the match etc in pairs.

David Gower
Jonathan Agnew
Bill Lawry
Ian Bishop
Tony Greig
Jeff Thomson
I wish they had David Lloyd, I really like him.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rich2001 said:

David Gower
Jonathan Agnew
Bill Lawry
Ian Bishop
Tony Greig
Jeff Thomson
Will be very annoyed if they release a half ar$ed game after making so much effort on the commentary!

Josh said:
A choice to appeal rather than the computer doing it for you. And a longer pause before the umpire raises the finger, i.e. Steve Bucknor
Yeh that's a great idea, wouldn't mind that. Though there is always the problem of becoming an excessive appealer.

Josh

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
My favourite commentator and cricket pundit by miles and miles..
You don't rate him I take it!
Obviously not... I'd only rate him in the mid section of all commentators.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but how about different celebrations by batsmen/bowlers in different situations? ie. If a batsmen scores a hundred on Debut or his maiden hundred, he would celebrate more than someone who has already hit hundreds. Same with the bowler, the more wickets he takes in the innings the more he celebrates.

Also, the computer bringing in the field on a hat-trick ball or putting pressure on a debut batsmen. I dunno if that is possible but i reckon it would be cool.

Janat

Cricket Spectator
How about Network play

I would love to see a game where I can play against opponents on a LAN network I want to play against my son who is cricket mad.

And the abilty as I think mentioned before to create new players.

Please have the option to show the score the correct wat e.g 106/4 and not the Aussie way which always confuses me. And Richie Benaud as commentator should retire no offense meant.

Thanks

Janat

Treximus

Cricket Spectator
Instead of a marker showing the batsman the exact coordinates of the delivery, why not just show the batsman the approximate line of the delivery?

That way you can get in position beforehand, but youre not psychic like C2004 or BLC99 where you could pre-meditate every shot.

Also, an option to turn off pointless cut-scenes, like the umpire signalling a boundary, would be good.

djwolf

Cricket Spectator
Some kind of career mode would be cool where all the teams around the world play each other in tests and one-day matches with international rankings as in real cricket. There could also be player standings featuring the world's top batsmen and bowlers with the highest averages etc.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Treximus said:
Instead of a marker showing the batsman the exact coordinates of the delivery, why not just show the batsman the approximate line of the delivery?

That way you can get in position beforehand, but youre not psychic like C2004 or BLC99 where you could pre-meditate every shot.

Also, an option to turn off pointless cut-scenes, like the umpire signalling a boundary, would be good.
The first idea is a cracking one.. Like a warm target zone, where the ball might land..

cameeel

International Captain
A half decent career mode, maybe developing an average as you play, instead of presetting your averages you could increase it as you play