• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Needs to be in this game!! **SUGGESTIONS**

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rich2001 said:
Ablity to manually ask for LBW shouts, not just when the game fancies.... far to many plum ones have gone begging!
haha yeh, and u know everytime the computer goes up its gonna be out too just about!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Different batting styles and different bowling actions i.e. Flingy action for Akhtar, Bent Elbow for Murali... :p You know what I mean.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Pitch Storming in a crucial time at a very very random time.. Ability for female streakers on pitch when batting bringing down the batsmens concentration level after you work hard to get it up..

Realistic weather interruptions with the regions..

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Player Editor - Add/Delete/Edit Players
Domestic Seasons - Buy/Sell/Trade players just like real life
Make it so its much harder to bat with sat Chris Martin then say Brian Lara.. That annoyed me in Cricket 2004 I could get 200 runs with number 11 just as easy as a star batter.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah.. And make sure that there is no one way to get a batsman out (like a yorker), and charging down the pitch lofted on drives dont always bring six runs

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
when you're playing a series or tournament the opposition not to field the exact same team every game regardless of form

Cloete

International Captain
Batsman strangths and weaknesses anyone? So for Martyn his strength are cuts, but his weakness is cutting in the air?

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Nnanden said:
Different batting styles and different bowling actions i.e. Flingy action for Akhtar, Bent Elbow for Murali... :p You know what I mean.
yes thats a brilliant idea

Retox

State Vice-Captain
The Baconator said:
when you're playing a series or tournament the opposition not to field the exact same team every game regardless of form

Maybe like ICC? A form meter?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes, a form metre would be great. I also like the idea of a batsman's strengths and weaknesses. Both excellent ideas.

Mr Mxyzptlk

broncoman said:
haha yeh, and u know everytime the computer goes up its gonna be out too just about!
On the contrary, I've had several LBW appeals against me turned down (though many looked plumb).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Langeveldt said:
Yeah.. And make sure that there is no one way to get a batsman out (like a yorker), and charging down the pitch lofted on drives dont always bring six runs
C2004 anyone?? :p I know exactly how you feel mate.

Make it so its much harder to bat with sat Chris Martin then say Brian Lara.. That annoyed me in Cricket 2004 I could get 200 runs with number 11 just as easy as a star batter.
Batsman strangths and weaknesses anyone? So for Martyn his strength are cuts, but his weakness is cutting in the air?
both good ideas.

sorry to load you up with answers rubber G :)

Simon

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
On the contrary, I've had several LBW appeals against me turned down (though many looked plumb).
yeh, i wasnt being exactly serious, but in the majority of cases when they go up u can start walking....

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
An option to turn the ball marker on the pitch off, or at least to make it stay off until the ball is delivered? It is annoying knowing exactly what shot you are going to play before the bowler has even reached the crease.

lankan

Cricket Spectator
the game needs to be more realistic like the natural game
camrea angles should be there for eg.when appealing for an lbw the viewing should be concentrated on the bowlers face then the umpire's face when making the decision and the facial reaction of the batsman.
the figures need to be proprtionate,human looking
batting styles for eg.brian lara
bowling actions.eg-shane warne
bats and balls with the makers name on them for eg.kookaburra,slazenger,ca
natural looking batting strokes,bowling actions,fielding and throwing the ball.
presentations after each game, introduction when starting the game for eg.showing the toss with the commentators,captains and the match referees.
voices from players or umpires
A lot of different commentating voices.
Able to have a few kits for one day internationals and tests for each country
hope you'll consider my suggestions

The Baconator

Perhaps morale in some way connected with a confidence meter possibly
strenghts and weaknesses for bowlers?
players have proper names and numbers

Mr. P

commentators to have LOADS of sayings...when they say the same thing 2 or 3 times an over it gets annoying...I don't mind 2 or 3 times every 10 overs though:)

Mr. P

ALSO when you make field changes the captain of the team should point his players to their new positions...gives the feeling they do more then just toss the coin...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
but could you decide you shot that quick ?
It would at least make it harder! At the moment you can hit virtually every ball on Hard for six.
Edit: EA's Cricket 2004 I mean, not BLC99.