• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara Cricket on Win 2000 & Win XP

Tom

Cricket Spectator
In my opinion these are the best 2 operating systems and I have both official copies, I also have Brian Lara Cricket (I bought it when I had Windows 98). I know full well it will not work in 2000 or XP because the Codemasters site says but can't someone make a patch?? Codemasters announced that they would not be making a patch as the game was released too long ago. What is more annoying is the fact the demo works perfectly but if you import the exe into the full game folder it will only let you play a quick match like in the demo. People make cracks and unofficial patches for games all the time. Why not BLC?
Please get back to me

[Edited on 7/30/02 by Tom]

Rich2001

International Captain
Sorry I couldn't have been more help, but I was sure that a member started a thread that said they had managed to get it to work on that system.

Anyway sorry again and hope you find an answer soon

Rich

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tom :

Am I correct in assuming that you used to have Windows 98, and have now migrated to Windows XP?

Why not consider having a dual-boot system? (I'm a cleverdick and have Linux, Windows 98 and XP happily co-existing upon my system).

The easiest way (although not essential) would be to re-partition, still keeping FAT32 on your 98 partition, then when you come to install XP, to say 'oh no, b****r off' when it says 'are you upgrading?', consequently you will be able to shove it in one of your other (new) partitions.

That way, all your old games will function in 98, and you will be able to use all the benefits of XP for 3D pinball :D.

Obviously, if you only have one hard drive and no backup facilities, you will either have to buy a new drive or borrow one whilst you copy the stuff you need to hang on to.

Incidentally, can you not run the game under XP in 98 emulation mode? Some games will work that way.

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Thanks, but that's where I looked originally.
Tom
Sorry but you can't have looked too closely on sports-gaming as there are loads of posts about this very subject.

I have got BLC working perfectly on Windows XP. See my post on the CricketGames.com forum for more details.

Daniel

Tom

Cricket Spectator
Thanks you guys, I thought about partitioning etc, but I have Windows 2000 only on at the moment in NTFS and I don't want to format & reinstall or anything, I've downloaded a few of the files from that ProHosting site, hope they work!