• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Cricket Master 2005 Development Thread*

duffarama

School Boy/Girl Captain
Andrew_14 said:
All right everyone, the official forum is up. :happy:
http://www.lastx.000k.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

And the registration link is:
http://www.lastx.000k.net/forums/register.php

Yes it is totally freeware and will be downloadable.
The interface is fully finished and expect about 20 more screens to be posted on the CM forum shortly.

Thanks to all those people who have put their hand up to either help or test the game. I will compile a list of those people shortly.

The complete list of features will be released soon. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Duffarama

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
this is coming along nicely cant wait for the next 20 screencaps and the list of features keep up the awesome work!

duffarama

School Boy/Girl Captain
mikeW said:
this is coming along nicely cant wait for the next 20 screencaps and the list of features keep up the awesome work!
Thanks mikeW, here is an excerpt of the official news that I posted on LASTX. Enjoy.

It is very pleasing for me to announce that the progress of the 'Ultimate Cricket Manager' has entered through its next stage of development.
The interface has been fully completed and now the next step is to undertake the large task of compiling the statistics databases.
After the completion of the databases there will be a period of coding taking place, the game will be thoroughly tested and then it will be released: freeware and fully downloadable.

Cheers.

duffarama

School Boy/Girl Captain
marc71178 said:
If you ask James, you could have something on here - a ready made audience!
I am trying to entice some of the CricketWeb members to join the Cricket Manager forum as well. :happy:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
duffarama said:
I am trying to entice some of the CricketWeb members to join the Cricket Manager forum as well. :happy:
i've joined but havent posted there yet.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
duffarama said:
Easier to come here - one of the biggest sites around - and more likely to get people interested.

Cloete

International Captain
just e-mail him...

I'm not planning on signing up on that forum.. but I will read anything if you host it on this forum :)

duffarama

School Boy/Girl Captain
Please could you post up his email address.

And yes allright, I'll post everything on both forums from now on. :)
But please signup anyway. Do Horo and I a favour. :)

Neil Pickup said:
What's the match engine like?
The game will be running off a Microsoft Access Database.
All of your career will be saved in there as well as statistics, information etc etc.

Last edited:

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
You might have to consider adopting a new name for the game.

I doubt Dan Thomas will be pleased with you using 'Cricket Manager' and 'Ultimate Cricket Coach' is very similar to 'Cricket Coach' by Oli Norwell. Although obviously I can't speak for them.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
duffarama said:
The game will be running off a Microsoft Access Database.
All of your career will be saved in there as well as statistics, information etc etc.
What I'm wondering is how the results of each ball are generated.

Is it decided as one outcome, or stage-by-stage (delivery, shot, direction) etc?