• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ACC Database Question

RKJ

Cricket Spectator
Will there be a new one released for this season as i am from SA would love to play with the likes of Cameron and Ferguson???

Cheers.

Cloete

International Captain
RKJ Cricket Web has already made an update as of October 2003. I recommend you download that.

Then there's also an editor if you want to update it again. Or if Kears wants to do it! But in the meantime you can have lots of fun with the CW update.

Kears, if you do a really comprehensive update then you should ask James if he wants to put it on the ACC page.

Get Them Here!

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Im abut to start ot today will start with South Australia cause they are my favorite and if i dont get to bored will do the whole comp.

RKJ

Cricket Spectator
Cheers man, i would do one but i dont really know how to like set how good they are, if ya understand what i mean.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Hey one question.

How do u add a team?

Lol i cant find out how to add a team... plz help. i should be arlite after that.

RKJ

Cricket Spectator
why do u need to add a team??
i had SA done and then my computer stuffed up so now im re doing them, half way thru them now, then only 5 more teams to go lol.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well i tryed but the editor frezzez when i go to save the database.

My comp is by no means slow so i donno y it keeps doing it.

RKJ

Cricket Spectator
Well finally done it after having done 3 teams only to have an error, so restarted and now finally finished but am unsure how to make the new players like Ferguson, Cullen and Bailey, perform how they can, as they haven't played a match so i cant use their stats, i guess its just pre determined so yeah other than that its done.

Monty

U19 Cricketer
How do i save changes to players when i save the database it does it but when i open the file again it is back to the same

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The ACC editor is the biggest load of **** ever written. There are so many bugs that an exterminator should be called in. The interface is terrible, the load & save functions barely do what they are meant to do, it's slow, most of the ability data cannot be changed, and the entire program deserves to be thrown off the nearest high ledge.

Oh yeah, I wrote it...

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
kears_falcon_9 said:
Well then write us another newer version please :)
Go ask Daniel Thomas (CricketGames.com) or someone else with copious free time to do it - I will have nothing to do with any future versions of this editor. I've got better things to do with my life than sit down and write a second version of an editor for a game that should have come with one in the first place. ACC was a good game that appears to have been let down by some terrible decision making by the company that released it.

Better yet, go and write one yourself. It's not that hard, apparently everyone in the world can write a piece of software, just ask the millions of IT programmers who are now out of a job because upper management wanted a new ivory back scratcher :@

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kears, I'd leave this one if I were you, mate.

Suggest whoever wants the updated game buys ICC 2002, and gets a slightly less bug-ridden editor with a little more reliable load-save-edit functions (just don't try career histories) and marginally more aesthetic interface ;)

Zen

Cricket Spectator
ACC and XP

I'm trying to run ACC on Windows XP but when i try to it says i need to change the system font size to small. The catch is that it only comes in normal, large or extra large. Any Ideas
Thanks