• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

npc heats up

nibbs

International Captain
Wellington 26
North Harbour 25
Taranaki 24
Canterbury 23
Bay of Plenty 23
Waikato 21
Auckland 19

that's the top 7. who is going to make the semis?

i reckon wellington certianly will.

north harbour have a tough match against Waikato this weekend but a win should secure a home semi for them.

taranaki have been awful the past 2 weeks. luckily they;ve still got Otago to play who have been rather crap all season. taranaki should win this game, although i feel its not beyond otago to cause a boilover. if they win there, they'll make it

canterbury are lame imo. i don't rate them at all. they'll lose to auckland this week, but beat northland next week. so it's fair to say they've got one foot in the playoffs cause northland wont win a game this season

the bay of plenty certainly have become every neutral's favourite team. they deserve to make the top 4, they really do. they'll beat southland this week, but a taste at albany stadium awaits next week against harbour. they lacking of bonus points i fear may return to bite them on the bum

its waikato surprising to see that their sixth. they've also seemed to be going rather well this season only their sixth??? anyhow north harbour this week, taranaki next week, they've got their work cut out for them.

auckland must and probably will knock over canterbury this week. a win there and an easy 5 points against otago next week should see them scrap into the top 4 like last season. although they don't deserve to make the semis they probably will

your thoughts?

Last edited:

sportychic33

State 12th Man
nah, i reckon that canterbury will probably beat auckland this week. they have better kicking options and good line breakers. auckland don't deserve to be in the semis, their form has been awful, but if they do get in wellington will thrash them :)
i'm hoping waikato will bounce back from their loss last week although it would be good if harbour did make the semis.

my ideal semi finalists

wellington v canterbury
waikato v harbour.

nibbs

International Captain
i don't like canterbury. considering that they'll go down tomorrow i find it hard to include them anywhere.

my really thinking over the game tonight. otago have been awful of late. however taranaki have conseeded over 120 points in their past two matches... hmmm

sportychic33

State 12th Man
yeah i don't like canterbury much either. nah they won't go down tomorrow they can beat those auckland pretty boys.

yeah hard to pik the game tonight. . . . otago have been really bad all season, but i think taranaki will prove to strong after 2 thrahings - i think that they will have the desire to win tonight to make the semis.