• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Sporting Chant?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Come on, all you diehard sportsfans out there, enlighten us with your best songs.

Here's my personal favourite

(to the tune of Annie's song by John Denver)

You fill up my senses
Like a gallon of Greenhalls
Like a kebab from Gino's
Like a good sniff o' Glue
Like a Night out at Martine's
Like a split, fish and curry
Oh, St.Helens rugby
Come thrill me again!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
We are the pride of all Europe, the **** of the north
We hate the scousers, the brummies of course (and Leeds!)...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Follow Follow Follow cos united are goin to tesco
Follow Follow Follow cos united are goin to tesco
they'll be thousands o reds buying there breads cos untied are goin t'tesco

masterblaster

International Captain
Not a sporting chant, but you can't beat the 'You Suck' given by 30,000 people to Kurt Angle every time he enters a WWE ring.

Classic!

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
masterblaster said:
Not a sporting chant, but you can't beat the 'You Suck' given by 30,000 people to Kurt Angle every time he enters a WWE ring.

Classic!
It's great, isn't it!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Many of the more popular, well-known football chants first saw light of day in 1969 or 1970 - and one of the most enduring ones is still going strong today. Unfortunately, patents were never applied for.

There was a production-line featuring a guy called Tony 'Prof' Rogers, his brother Gem ('noooo, Gem's a Sunderland fan'), Ray Barlow and the most intelligenterest member of Cricket Web. We used to assemble fortnightly on the back seat of the Wheildon's bus from Castle Donington going to all the Derby away matches.

Our most famous 'creation' is sung to the tune of 'Land of Hope and Glory' - and I assure you that it was NEVER intended to have the chant 'and Leicester' in it. We probably made up around 20 or 30 chants and songs, trying them out at the away matches and then in the Popside at the Baseball Ground, but 'We hate Nottingham Forest' is the only one which really stood the test of time.

Here we go - in all its originally-worded glory...

We hate Nottingham Forest,
We hate Leicester too.
We hate eighty-nine others
But Derby we love you.

You never hear the original any more - even at Derby.

(the 'eighty-nine' bit is because there used to be 92 clubs in the league. I always was a clever sod)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Not really a chant but..

"OI, Sidebottom... You're in my sun!"
My favourite thing of that kind was this...

'Tufnell, lend me your brain. I'm building an idiot.'

Langeveldt

Soutie
How many are there in the New Coca Cola League Champions cup winners legends league Trophy Barclay Shield division 4.2(dy/dx)?

(Formerly 1st, 2nd, 3rd divisions :p)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Quite a good one from last season: During a match between West Ham (I think) & Leeds, the Leeds fans chanted "Going down, going down, going down...." & the West Ham fans replied "So are we, so are we, so are we...." :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Nope, always 92
Yep memory gone

Apart from for the first 32 games of 1991-92 when there were 93, No one was relegated and Barnet were promoted to leave 23 in the third division but Aldershot folded after 32 games

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Anna said:
Quite a good one from last season: During a match between West Ham (I think) & Leeds, the Leeds fans chanted "Going down, going down, going down...." & the West Ham fans replied "So are we, so are we, so are we...." :D
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA that's like the funniest thing i've ever heard.

Craig

World Traveller
I have heard plenty of cracking sporting chants, however, I would be in trouble if I posted some of them.

Cloete

International Captain
The Gabba crowd is normally tops when a beachball makes it way onto the field. If a security guard gets his hands onto it and deflates it, the whole crowd chants in unison "You are a wankèr!" followed by two claps, said repeatedly :D. One of the funniest things I've ever seen was when one intelligent individual sitting in the front row attached fishing line to a big beachball. He tossed it out onto the field and when the security guard was about to pick it up he'd pull it. That was abolustely tops, of course the crowd started the customary chant at that time :D

nibbs

International Captain
at the kingz games. all games against aust teams btw

the dingo ate your baby..nanananana

you can stick gold medals, you can stick your gold medals, you can stik your gold medals up ****