• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mascot Grand National

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The Mascot Grand National is this Sunday and Chaddy the Owl (Oldham's Mascot) is going for his third consecutive win. The Bookies have made him clear favorite but even given his short odds, he's worth a bet cos he'll walk it.

Here's a list so you can see how your clubs mascot is rated

7/4 Chaddy the Owl
8/1 Braiser the Bear, Foxy Kularoos Raiders
14/1 Captain Canary, Hugo the Hound
16/1 Billy Blood Drop, Bumble Bee, Brewster the Bear, Spike the Safety Hedgehog, Superhound
20/1 KC Kat, Peter Burrow, Pete the Eagle, Mavis the Donkey, Tippus Tailus
25/1 Alice the Eagle, Billy Brewer, Doctor Croc, Doo Wap Fox, Eddles the Chicken, Eddie the Eagle, Graham the Gorilla, Moonchester, Mr Magpie, Scunny Bunny, Sky Blue Sam
33/1 Billy Bantum, Blondie Dog, Gunnersauraus Rex, Hungry Horse, May Gurney Mascot, Monty the Lamb, Marvin the Moose, Paddy the Guide Dog, The Riot Bunny, Rockin Robin, Sammy the Stag, Terry Bytes, The Che Rabbit, Theo The Wyverne, Wolfie, Zampa the Lion
40/1 rest

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
If Rugby mascots took part, St. Bernard would cane 'em all!
Rugby mascots can and do take part, but they'll still lose

In 2001 an Olympic 400m hurdler(Matt Douglas IIRC) entered for a made up organisation as Freddie the Fox, won it and then was disqualified.

Last Year Alyn Condon (Another Olypic Athlete) entered for Sedgefiedl Racecourse but he still lost to Chaddy by a mile

So it gets quite seious as you can see, but they raise a lot of money for charity.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
The Mascot Grand National is this Sunday and Chaddy the Owl (Oldham's Mascot) is going for his third consecutive win. The Bookies have made him clear favorite but even given his short odds, he's worth a bet cos he'll walk it.

As a gambler I'll bet on someone that's going to actually run thanks.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Willy The Don't Stare Directly Into The Sun Worm is a sure winner

(by a head from ***ual Harassment Panda)

/heh - head - ***ual harassment (I'm so smart)

Langeveldt

Soutie
luckyeddie said:
Willy The Don't Stare Directly Into The Sun Worm is a sure winner

(by a head from ***ual Harassment Panda)

/heh - head - ***ual harassment (I'm so smart)
As is Mohammed bin Kim-chow-Smith the politically correct lesbian goat...

Langeveldt

Soutie
I remember it's legendary status.. but can you remind me from where the "***ual Harassment Panda" eminated from? Was it South Park?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
I remember it's legendary status.. but can you remind me from where the "***ual Harassment Panda" eminated from? Was it South Park?
Yes indeed - the episode of the famous court case "Everybody v Everybody" - both sides being represented by Kyle's dad

Langeveldt

Soutie
luckyeddie said:
Yes indeed - the episode of the famous court case "Everybody v Everybody" - both sides being represented by Kyle's dad
hahah.. i remember!

"Kids, please say hello to ***ual Harassment Panda!"