• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

04/05 Fantasy Football Champions League competition

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
Well Roma are going to be chucked out of the comp, or at least they should be
It may be that the punishment could go all the way, but there are so many 'lesser' punishments which are more than likely going to apply:

a) Today's game to be counted as a 3-0 loss (this is a near certainty)
b) At least one game, maybe more, to be played to an empty stadium
c) home games to be played away or (more likely) on a neutral venue
d) massive fines
e) ban from next year's competition
f) thrown out of this year's competition

Especially because the missile was thrown from the 'VIP area' (aka 'Directors Box')

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And what about me - a no lose bet on Kiev and Olympiakos paying about 40-1 is cancelled because of it :(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
And what about me - a no lose bet on Kiev and Olympiakos paying about 40-1 is cancelled because of it :(
Damn that ref, marc.

Why don't you throw something at him? :cool:

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
Well Roma are going to be chucked out of the comp, or at least they should be
Something I would agree with.

If the person who threw it, is allowed ever back into any stadium in Italy or in Europe it will be a disgrace IMO.

Roma are in enough finicial difficulty as it is, so massive fines could really cripple them big time.

Craig

World Traveller
On another note, Adriano is proving himself to be a class striker.

6 goals in 4 games so far Inter this season, 12 in 18 appearances again for Inter when he joined them from Parma in January 2004, 7 goals for Brazil and the Player-of-the-Series Award in the 2004 Copa America, and his goals are not tap in's either. Usually they are scored from outside of the box and has a powerful left foot.

And he can set up and give assists as well, on his senior debut (this is in Brazil not Italy), he gave three assists to team-mates and scored with in his first five minutes. He has the goods.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I wouldn't read too much into the Copa America, seeing as sides don't put anywhere near full strength teams into that.

And as for Roma's debts - amazes me they could spend so much cash in the summer!

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
I wouldn't read too much into the Copa America, seeing as sides don't put anywhere near full strength teams into that.
That maybe so, but you can't deny he is a fine player and in great form at the moment.

marc71178 said:
And as for Roma's debts - amazes me they could spend so much cash in the summer!
Same here, I guess they like Parma and Lazio are lucky not to be playing in the Serie C2 like what happened to Floirentina a few years ago.

As for the idiot who threw the coin at Andreas Frisk, I read on a different forum, a Roma fan, suggested they get the guy and belt him in front of 50,000 people :huh: :blink: :ph34r: :-O :mellow: and that the spectator pay Roma's fine.

Roma fan's seem to have become real trouble makers of late, you only have to think of the all Rome derby, and the Championship decider against Milan where they were chucking stuff at Dida :wacko:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
What about tonights games then

Madrid 2-0 down early on, now 2-1 against Roma

Manure 3-0 up at half time, Rooney scores 2 on debut, 3-1 now vs Fenerbahce

Liverpool losing 1-0 to Olympiakos
Monaco 2 Deport 0
Sparta 1 Lyon 1
Juve 0 Tel Aviv 0
Kiev 1 Leverkusen 0
Bayern 1 Ajax 0

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
Rooney scores Hat trick on debut....
My uncle was saying to me a few months ago that there was one English player that Rooney reminded him of - a certain Duncan Edwards.

It must brass Man Utd fans off now though - having to worship a Scouser.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well 4 out of 4 makes Marc a very happy punter (following on from the 3 from 4 on Saturday - damn Birmingham)

This betting larks good when you win!

Craig

World Traveller
They showed the match between Real Madrid and Roma on TV over here, and at half time some "expert analysis" said Luis Figo is a "waste of space". Barcelona fans may agree. He was a great game though. I wrote Real off in the first 35 minutes, their defence was a joke, and it still is, and a defensive midfielder may help.

What about the chances of them targetting Steven Gerrard since Luis Figo is leaving when his contract expires, thus allowing Beckham to move to his natural position on the right of midfield? Gerrard has said he would like to trophies in his career, and Real maybe the best bet for him, and the plus side is Beckham, Owen, and Woodgate being there - all English to help him settle in.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He's useful, thats for sure, but Bayern tend to rely on him a bit too much IMO.

Of course I was thinking about putting him in my team this week. Needless to say I didn't actually go through with it :(

Craig

World Traveller
Rooney's big money transfer looks like every penny well spent. Did you consider Didier Drogba over priced Marc?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I did consider it a lot of money at the time, and still think that it's not the best bit of business done this summer.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmm, looking good so far for me

Terry to score first and Chelsea to win 4-0 - 100-1

Ljunberg to score first and Arsenal to win 2-0 - 45-1

I could be in the money