• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fastest Nz Rugby Player

Fastest rugby player

• Sitiveni Sivivatu

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Lome Fauata'u

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sereli Bobo

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Joe Rokocoko

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Rupeni Caucaunibunca

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
i was just saying that i saw these times on a website and they may not be intirely accurate.that may be the fastest time by a new zealander in new zealand but technicly rokocoko is fijian and it may not have been recorded in an event people run good times all the time outside competitions or meets.
LOL. 8-)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I was looking around an found this-

I cant say what the source for the times are as they were not listed, so take this for what you like.

Fastest 40M Times
sireli bobo-4.32
jonghi nokwe-4.40
zahier rhyland-4.42
vilamane waqaseduadua-4.49
sosene anesi-4.53
chivhanga-4.53
lelia masaga-4.55
strettle-4.56
marika vunibaka-4.58
danwell demas-4.60
henno mentz-4.60
gio aplon-4.60
clyde rathbone-4.62
lome fa'atau-4.65
brent russell-4.65
william ryder-4.66
rokocoko-4.66
habana-4.67
gavin passens-4.67
philip burger-4.70
lachlan turner-4.84

Rathbone higher than Habana and Burger looks a stretch but Ive always put Burger and Habana in the same pace bracket so that seems to fit.

Also mentioned, which didnt seem credible, was an Aussie League player called Anthony Minichiello with a supposed 4.1 :blink: (again I couldnt find a source)

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marika Vunibaka? I remember him, certainly wouldn't have thought he was that fast.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Marika Vunibaka? I remember him, certainly wouldn't have thought he was that fast.
He was incredibly quick when he first made his mark in the sevens in the mid-1990s.

I can vouch for that time of Anesi's - it's been bandied around for years, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it mentioned by coaches in stories.

ripper868

International Coach
Yep had the same impression after reading Voltman's post. Very quick indeed.

If I had to guess at the quickest in international rugby today, I'd same Bryan Habana would be near the top of my list.
Would go with th winger from the USA who during the RWC ran around Habana and put another 10 metres on him after habana reached full speed.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Would go with th winger from the USA who during the RWC ran around Habana and put another 10 metres on him after habana reached full speed.
Forgot about that bloke, hes was incredibly quick. It was a sensational try from the US actually, one of the best in the tournament.

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
aparently rokocoko ran a 4.44 after the re-conditioning pre world cup and has apparently run a hand timed 10.17 at an ABs fitness session even though hand timing could add a lot of time to that i wouldnt believe it would be anywhere near that speed. Zar Lawrence ran a 10.72 and said he cant touch rokocoko over 100m so id suggest anywhere between 10.5-10.6 for him