• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How much football do you watch?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have never been able to follow a lot of football because, to pit it simply, there are too many teams and leagues. I do tend to see the major competitions like the World Cup and Euro.

As a football fan, how muc do you follow and know about the games, players of each team etc.

Like for cricket, we can say we know most of the players playing international players as far as their skills etc are concerned...

Which leagues, team, how many games do you tend to watch round the year?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i watch as much as i can, being a liverpool fan i dont always see them play but most o the epl i try to watch if on a a suitable hour.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i wact probably 2 or 3 EPL games a week, try to catch a couple of the champions league games when they are on every fortnight or so and always make sure i get to see the dutch game on ESPN when the bother to show it, also occasionaly watch the la liga game if i havent seen the score, also on ESPN and lol watch the old firm derbys between celtic and rangers...
i think thats all....

Craig

World Traveller
Several games a week on fox sports. Apparently SBS are aiming to get Serie A coverage instead of the EPL, which is good.

For football information, I visit the official club websites, football websites, and the BBC.

Simon

well fox wont let them show epl games anymore, IMO they r better off going for a league they could get cheaper like dutch or france, italy will come at a hefty price, one i dont think SBS can afford....

Craig

World Traveller
They usually show highlights of the French, Dutch, and Portugese leagues on The World Game.

They are also gunning for coverage of La Liga.

I don't think SBS are completely poor, after all they were able to afford coverage of the Olympics.

Simon

they get all their highlights from the european football show which is on fox on friday nights, same as he feature game they have....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I watch about 2 minutes total of football (soccer) a year. I'm taking into account when I walk past the Pig 'n' Whistle in the Queen Street Mall or when I'm flicking channels.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
I watch about 2 minutes total of football (soccer) a year. I'm taking into account when I walk past the Pig 'n' Whistle in the Queen Street Mall or when I'm flicking channels.
so ur pretty hardcore then :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Every Exeter home game if I'm in the South West, every competitive England International.

And then a lot of highlights. I struggle to really watch with total attention if I'm not supporting a side 110%, though.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
A fair bit, i guess you could say i am also watching every saturday afternoon what with my fitness...

Get down to the Latics when i'm not playing, watch super Sunday and the champions league, real if they are playing - wouldn't watch seria A if you paid me though! (unless i needed some sleep)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Norwegian league I watch every game with Bodø/Glimt in it, and sometimes other teams. I watch most Norwegian internationals (though not Hong Kong friendlies...), and also CL play-off matches and Euro/World Cup finals. Can watch the EPL if I want to, but don't usually.

Think that's about it...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Samuel_Vimes said:
Norwegian league I watch every game with Bodø/Glimt in it, and sometimes other teams. I watch most Norwegian internationals (though not Hong Kong friendlies...), and also CL play-off matches and Euro/World Cup finals. Can watch the EPL if I want to, but don't usually.

Think that's about it...
A couple of Plymouth Argyle matches a year.. Unfortunatly Saturday afternoon cricket has completely stopped me doing it, and surfing as well...

If I play any sunday cricket and get my driving license i hope to go more often...

Cloete

International Captain
SBS Can't have the Dutch football I'd say. ESPN have that and the Scottish EPL. The Serie A and/or the French League would be cool though.

I try to watch one live game a week and 2 or 3 replays. When the Champions leagues are on I watch 4 Champ leagues games and then the regular EPL/SPL/Eredivisie games! Fox also show some Spanish games now and replay them mid-day sunday so I always make sure I watch one of them as well! :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
You know, that league that's dominated by 2 teams who don't have a single Scottish player in either of their ranks.