• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How much football do you watch?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
You know, that league that's dominated by 2 teams who don't have a single Scottish player in either of their ranks.
Celtic have Robert Douglas, Jackie McNamara, Paul Lambert, and, I'm sure, several others
Rangers have Maurice Ross, Graeme Smith(no South African jokes, please), Steven Thompson, Alex Rae, Craig Moore, and others, too.
(I assume those teams are the ones you were on about)

I go to most of Wigan Latics' home matches(unless the rugby team has recently beat Saints), and vaguely follow Everton, but other than that, Idon't watch alot of football.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
SBS Can't have the Dutch football I'd say. ESPN have that and the Scottish EPL. The Serie A and/or the French League would be cool though.

I try to watch one live game a week and 2 or 3 replays. When the Champions leagues are on I watch 4 Champ leagues games and then the regular EPL/SPL/Eredivisie games! Fox also show some Spanish games now and replay them mid-day sunday so I always make sure I watch one of them as well! :)
EPSN may have it, but no one watches the scottish league, except for the old firm deby's but who can blame them, the league is a disgrace, really celtic and rangers should play in the EPL.....

Tom Halsey

International Coach
steds said:
Celtic have Robert Douglas, Jackie McNamara, Paul Lambert, and, I'm sure, several others
Rangers have Maurice Ross, Graeme Smith(no South African jokes, please), Steven Thompson, Alex Rae, Craig Moore, and others, too.
(I assume those teams are the ones you were on about)
Yes, 3 players for Celtic out of about 30, and 5 for Rangers out of a similar number - they have Scottish players, but they should have far more - I reckon they should a foreigner player rule - it would even the league up a bit.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that would would then mean that the scottish league would be on par with wales and ireand. At least this way scotland have a couple of decent teams to represent in europe. The problem is their ammount of quality scottish players is very low, if there were more good ones, im sure we'd see more in their squads :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
No Scottish teams really compete in Europe anyway! Granted Celtic got to the UEFA Cup final the other year, but neither of them have done anything in the CL for ages. IMO they'd be better off having a foreigner rule so that teams were forced to groom Scottish players, so they'd do well in the future, and so would the National team too.

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
wouldn't watch seria A if you paid me though! (unless i needed some sleep)
Why not?

Because you will see technical football there, unlike you will see in the "Longball League with no poor defences" aka the English Premier League?

And BTW it is Seire A.

Craig

World Traveller
steds said:
Craig Moore
I never knew having a Scottish accent counted as somebody being Scottish?

For the record he is as Australian as George Bush is Texan.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
Yes, 3 players for Celtic out of about 30, and 5 for Rangers out of a similar number - they have Scottish players, but they should have far more - I reckon they should a foreigner player rule - it would even the league up a bit.
Aside from the fact it's illegal, they do have a rule that means young Scots get 1st team experience.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Why not?

Because you will see technical football there, unlike you will see in the "Longball League with no poor defences" aka the English Premier League?

And BTW it is Seire A.
Serie A actually :p

And it is a boring dull league - far less exciting than La Liga or the Premierleague.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Aside from the fact it's illegal, they do have a rule that means young Scots get 1st team experience.
What's illegal about a foreigner rule? Say, a max 3 foreign players in the lineup?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
I never knew having a Scottish accent counted as somebody being Scottish?

For the record he is as Australian as George Bush is Texan.
Well, I don't know. I don't follow them. I just picked out some scottish-ish names

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
They're Scottish, not English.
So then Cardiff, Wrexham, and Swansea shouldn't play in the English lower divisions because they are Welsh, not English?