• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Queenslander!!!!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days. Eventually, Michael the archangel found him on the seventh day resting. He enquired of God, "Where have you been?" God pointed downwards through the clouds.
"Look Michael, look what I've made" said God.
Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said,
"What is it?"
"Its a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and its going to be a great place of balance."
"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing down to different parts of the Earth, "For example, North America will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while South America is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot and Russia will be a cold spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people." God continued, pointing to the different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to another area of
land and asked, "What's that?"
"Ah," said God. "That's Queensland, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful people, impressive towns; it is the home of the world's finest artists, musicians, writers, thinkers, explorers and politicians. The people from Queensland are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable,
hard-working and high-achieving, and they will be known throughout
the world as speakers of truth."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about balance God, you said there will be BALANCE!"
God replied very wisely, "Wait till you see the ******s, I'm putting next
to them in New South Wales." :D :D :D :D :D

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hahaha, i think ive read something similar before, as a queensland supporter i love it, as a new south welshman (thats the first time ive ever called myself that), im offended by it. Ah well, good stuff anyway....

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
hahaha, i think ive read something similar before, as a queensland supporter i love it, as a new south welshman (thats the first time ive ever called myself that), im offended by it. Ah well, good stuff anyway....
So better than my other previous attempts at humour?

You shouldn't be disadvantaged by where you were born, that's one of the things in life you don't have control over, however, at least you have seen the light and have choosen to suppor the corret team. Loyalty is in the heart.

Simon

thats right, loyalty is in the heart, im maroon through and through, damn this blue inside me... :(

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
thats right, loyalty is in the heart, im maroon through and through, damn this blue inside me... :(
I'd say the same. But I think my English blood has been diluted enough by now that I can consider myself a true Queenslander! :cool:

And I wouldn't want it any other way!

Simon

yeh ive got the english blood flowing through too, but im prouder to be part pom than complete new south welshman!

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
yeh ive got the english blood flowing through too, but im prouder to be part pom than complete new south welshman!
You are only New South Welshman by place of birth and nothing else! Don't let anyone tell you different. It is all about the heart - if you think Qld can win from any position, like 30 seconds to go and down by 40, then you are a TRUE QUEENSLANDER.

At least I don't have the dillema (sp?) of choosing which is better- England or N.S.W. :p

Simon

haha, that sounds like me, "you can still win boys" game 3 2000, but lets not talk about that. it wasnt so bad when i was living in the ACT cause i was only nsw by birth, but now ive moved back here i have to wrestle with the inner demons!

Mister Wright

I don't envy your situation at all. However, I do have to encounter a friend who likes to tip with his head and not his heart when it comes to Origin. Now that is the lowest act by a Queenslander. And he doesn't understand why I don't talk to him between May & July....Go figure. :-O

Simon

haha, hes obviously not a true queenslander then. i dont think i can recall ever tipping anything but a 3-0 whitewash to the maroons!

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
haha, hes obviously not a true queenslander then. i dont think i can recall ever tipping anything but a 3-0 whitewash to the maroons!
Amen to that brother. :cool:

Oh God! Now I sound like Ash! :p

At least the last two times I've been to Lang Park for Origin I've been able to tease the Blues supporters on the bus home.

Mister Wright

...it would be all that much better if they sold beer on the buses back too, cause sometimes the bottleos (is that how it is spelt?) are closed when you get back.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
go the blues!!!!!!!!!!!! blues rock....... rather be a blue than a pom..........know to many poms.

Simon

yeh pretty much, well blewy wouldnt know a good football side if it bit him in the ar$e, so we can forgive him....

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
yeh pretty much, well blewy wouldnt know a good football side if it bit him in the ar$e, so we can forgive him....
I don't usually forgive Blues for anything, but because Blewy is such a nice bloke and puts in a lot of effort I am willing to consider it. :p

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
No but i can tell you all about LOYALTY!!!

You guys have never followed a team that struggled you title chasers!!!!!!