• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Queenslander!!!!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
So your saying Seymour wou;d've been better then Prince in SOO this year???

Big call considering Scottie was named as QLD's player of the Series...

Oh and you say you are set with Seymour as your half in the future but then you say he's injury prone... Isn't that a contradiction???
if he can get over the injuries we will be, hes had to freak accidents in the last 2 years which have cost him. Hes a better player than prince and ill tell u know he would have been qld halfback this year if he wasnt injured....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes, he is a very good and under-rated player. Although he will probably relegated to the bench with Seymour back next season and Hodges in the backs pushing Carroll to lock. In saying that, however, he will be better for it playing most of the season as a starter.

Craig

World Traveller
Mister Wright said:
I don't think he was thinking about resigning...however, he will be putting pen to paper and re-signing with the Broncos before the finals.
When will Darren Lockyer re-sign?

Waughney

International Debutant
The people from Queensland are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable,
hard-working and high-achieving, and they will be known throughout
the world as speakers of truth."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
Heard the joke ages ago but instead of Queensland it was Canada and instead of New South Wales it was the USA..... seemed funnier that way

Simon

Craig said:
When will Darren Lockyer re-sign?
hes going to sign a 5 year deal, which will lock him in for life, cant be too far away now, id say before the finals is a good chance...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
bugs has no chance of forgiveness, not with his recent attitude :p, maybe he can tell us the result of next years series, after all he works for the company that rigs it.....

hahahahahahahahaha

mate if that was the case i would put the job lot tow in the premiership.

mate i was a bears fan for years until my employer got rid of em.......

go the central coast bears!!!!!! :p :p :p :p

my attitude, bit me. bring your cozzies to blewys bux night mate. you will need them lol

Simon

haha bugs, ur all talk and no action!
the central cost bears are nothing, its going to be years before we see any bears again....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
my i am a knights fan because the bears got roorted, and i refuse to follow or have anything to do with the eagles. LOATHE EM!

mate go the tigers!

Simon

bugssy said:
my i am a knights fan because the bears got roorted, and i refuse to follow or have anything to do with the eagles. LOATHE EM!

mate go the tigers!
haha tigers, now ur clutching at straws!

Son Of Coco

Just out of interest, how do the Broncos fit 10-11 Origin players etc in under the salary cap? It's something I've always wondered and presumed this would be a good place to ask.

As a Blues supporter I feel I have to say commiserations on this years State of Origin :p

As the old saying goes, 'QLD beautiful one day, all out for 75 the next' haha

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Son Of Coco said:
Just out of interest, how do the Broncos fit 10-11 Origin players etc in under the salary cap? It's something I've always wondered and presumed this would be a good place to ask.

As a Blues supporter I feel I have to say commiserations on this years State of Origin :p

As the old saying goes, 'QLD beautiful one day, all out for 75 the next' haha
HAHAHAHAHA

Lovely...

Simon

must be and old saying, considering we are now the best state team :D
the reason we fit so many good players under the cap is loyalty, guys like carlaw, berrigan, meyers, carroll etc... all play for less money at brisbane than they would get at other clubs because they want to play for brisbane, same reason we are getting hodges dirt cheap for 05 and beyond....

Son Of Coco

broncoman said:
must be and old saying, considering we are now the best state team :D
the reason we fit so many good players under the cap is loyalty, guys like carlaw, berrigan, meyers, carroll etc... all play for less money at brisbane than they would get at other clubs because they want to play for brisbane, same reason we are getting hodges dirt cheap for 05 and beyond....
Well, last time I looked Victoria were actually the best state team at the moment. :p I think you guys might start suffering a bit like NSW did when they had so many players in the Aus team - it takes away from your state performances. You are consistently the best in the last 5 years or more though definately.

To fit so many players in though they'd have to be paid ridiculously low wages wouldn't they? I've heard that they (and other NRL teams) offset the salary cap restrictions by paying plaers and their families ridiculously high wages for menial tasks at the Leagues Club etc, but that sounds a little weird to me!

Simon

Son Of Coco said:
Well, last time I looked Victoria were actually the best state team at the moment. :p I think you guys might start suffering a bit like NSW did when they had so many players in the Aus team - it takes away from your state performances. You are consistently the best in the last 5 years or more though definately.

To fit so many players in though they'd have to be paid ridiculously low wages wouldn't they? I've heard that they (and other NRL teams) offset the salary cap restrictions by paying plaers and their families ridiculously high wages for menial tasks at the Leagues Club etc, but that sounds a little weird to me!
the point im making is it took 60 years for qld to win their first shield, then won 6 of the next 10, or something like that. I can understand a joke like that 15 years ago, but not now ;)

Son Of Coco

broncoman said:
the point im making is it took 60 years for qld to win their first shield, then won 6 of the next 10, or something like that. I can understand a joke like that 15 years ago, but not now ;)
I realise the point you were making and am well aware QLD have won a lot of shields in the past few years. I live right on the border for christsakes, how could I not be! hahaha

Simon

Son Of Coco said:
I realise the point you were making and am well aware QLD have won a lot of shields in the past few years. I live right on the border for christsakes, how could I not be! hahaha
haha, either way, GO QUEENSLAND!!!!! :D

Mister Wright

Son Of Coco said:
You guys can do whatever you want up there as long as you stop claiming our sportsmen as yours........haha
Please! Don't give me that...

The reason State of Origin first came about is because the ****roaches didn't have any good players and had to recruit Queenslanders to fill their sides, then went about demolishing 2nd & 3rd grade Queensland sides.

Those in Glass houses...

Son Of Coco

Mister Wright said:
Please! Don't give me that...

The reason State of Origin first came about is because the ****roaches didn't have any good players and had to recruit Queenslanders to fill their sides, then went about demolishing 2nd & 3rd grade Queensland sides.

Those in Glass houses...
Right, and that didn't have anything to do with the fact that the NSW comp was the strongest in the country at the time and thus had a lot of QLD players coming down to play in it did it?

Of course, the statement we had "no" good players and had to recruit Queenslanders to fill the sides reeks of the truth! :p haha

I'll admit the setup of the State of Origin was blatantly unfair at the start, but you guys certainly got your own back once a proper formula was arrived at to allow QLD players to actually play for QLD. These players didn't learn much though from playing with the crap players in that ordinary competition down South though did they? (And I know there were a few exceptions like that bane of our existence Wally! haha)

I was referring to a few people I've gone to school with etc from my area (right on the border) who are seemingly snatched up by the QLD media as soon as they become half-decent and proclaimed QLDers when they're actually not. I also have learnt that there's two groups representing Oz at sport, QLDers if you're from up that way (or on occasions not) and Australians if you're from anywhere else.