• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Memorable Sporting Moment

Craig

World Traveller
Samuel_Vimes said:
Norway 2 Brazil 1 fades pretty quickly in that, I'll guess.

Still, we'll live long on knocking England out of the 94 World Cup.
Remebering the good days of Norwegian football eh Sam? :p :happy: :D

(Eddie to come on here next weekend and make some reference to fish).

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
its funny that the olympics is on right now, yet not many people have mentioned olympic moments.....
Ok Sarah Ulmer winning Gold the other day in the Women's 3000m Individual Persuit (sp), she could literally had no air in her when she got off the bike, you could tell that by how loud she was trying to get air into her - like she was winded.

Craig

World Traveller
Marc could you please answer my question on what would be England's best football line-up in your opinion?

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Ok Sarah Ulmer winning Gold the other day in the Women's 3000m Individual Persuit (sp), she could literally had no air in her when she got off the bike, you could tell that by how loud she was trying to get air into her - like she was winded.
Does Sarah have asthma or something? As a young girl, I used to have those kind of breathing difficulties after running cross country and whatnot. I had asthma pretty bad back then.

For me,
-World Cup final 2003, loving Marto and Punter
-West Coast '94 Premiership (I was a bit young in '92)
-Waugh's century at the SCG in 02/03
-Women's Medley Relay to win Gold, to catch and overtake like that was outstanding.
-Cathy Freeman's Gold in 400m, Sydney 2000. Best race ever.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Craig said:
Remebering the good days of Norwegian football eh Sam? :p :happy: :D

(Eddie to come on here next weekend and make some reference to fish).
*notes we've been to the World Cup two times more than New Zealand* :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If I were looking to annoy the Aussies out there I'd say Jonny's drop goal in the 2003 RUWC final! :D

Really though, as a lifelong Gooner it has to be Mickey Thomas's goal when we dicked the Scousers 2-0 back in '89 to claim the old Div 1 title for the first time in my lifetime.

Linford Christie's win in the 100m at the Barca games was pretty special. Shame the dill had to tarnish it by being done for drugs ages after. :@

From a cricketing perspective it has to be the Lord's test against The Windies in 2000. We'd conceded a 100+ deficit from the first innings, but then Caddick, Cork & Goughie skittled them out for 50-odd in their second. Dom Cork saw us to victory with as good a 33 not out as you're likely to see when we'd been eight down with (about) thirty still needed. Ambrose & Walsh were steaming in but Dom stood firm with (I think) Goughie at the other end. Back then it wasn't often we used to guts out results.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
If I were looking to annoy the Aussies out there I'd say Jonny's drop goal in the 2003 RUWC final! :D

Really though, as a lifelong Gooner it has to be Mickey Thomas's goal when we dicked the Scousers 2-0 back in '89 to claim the old Div 1 title for the first time in my lifetime.

Linford Christie's win in the 100m at the Barca games was pretty special. Shame the dill had to tarnish it by being done for drugs ages after. :@

From a cricketing perspective it has to be the Lord's test against The Windies in 2000. We'd conceded a 100+ deficit from the first innings, but then Caddick, Cork & Goughie skittled them out for 50-odd in their second. Dom Cork saw us to victory with as good a 33 not out as you're likely to see when we'd been eight down with (about) thirty still needed. Ambrose & Walsh were steaming in but Dom stood firm with (I think) Goughie at the other end. Back then it wasn't often we used to guts out results.
you can annoy us aussies, but u dont have much to do it with. know lets annoy the poms.

every cricket match we play against you.
our socceroos beating your strong line up 3 - 1

i dont need to say anymore :p

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
hahahahaah

i cant wait till the ashes series. i think it will be the best series w ehave seen, england are playing brilliantly probably with the best team since gatting and the boys. will be interesting.

Langeveldt

Soutie
bugssy said:
hahahahaah

i cant wait till the ashes series. i think it will be the best series w ehave seen, england are playing brilliantly probably with the best team since gatting and the boys. will be interesting.
I think England will beat South Africa in South Africa and get stuffed by the Aussies at home... Interesting times...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bugssy said:
hahahahaah

Don't jump too far ahead of yourelf there Bugs. We have a four tour test of India to get through first, that in itself should be amazing. :D

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
Don't jump too far ahead of yourelf there Bugs. We have a four tour test of India to get through first, that in itself should be amazing. :D

very true

Craig

World Traveller
Samuel_Vimes said:
*notes we've been to the World Cup two times more than New Zealand* :D
The last time we were there was in 1982, however, tha is a good thing as Australia was last there in 1974.

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
I think England will beat South Africa in South Africa and get stuffed by the Aussies at home... Interesting times...
Which would be typical England.

Play so well before the Ashes, and then disappear quicker then Jonathon Gatlin took to win Gold in the Men's 100m Sprint until the Ashes is over then they are more competitive.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
The last time we were there was in 1982, however, tha is a good thing as Australia was last there in 1974.
That's nothing to be proud of. :@

HaHa. Yeah, Australia are **** at soccer, but then New Zealand aren't much better.