4 44.44%
  • Central Coast

2 22.22%
  • Wellington

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will get the 16th NRL spot?

Who will get the 16th NRL spot?

Tomorrow the NRL will meet to decide to whether or not to expand the NRL from 15 teams to 16 teams, and should they do so, which one out of Wellington, Central Coast, or the the Gold Coast will get it.

Which one will it be?

Personally I think and hope it is the Gold Coast, I'm not just saying this because I live here and therefore give them my support, but having seen the support from the council, the people, sponsorship, a team name and jerseys (which are on sale) and a head coach appointed, and the only thing needed is an upgrade to Carrara Stadium.

And besides from a Melbourne Storm fan if the Central Coast get it, Matt Orford is all but a certainty to join them which will be bad news for the Storm considering how vital he is for them, but as usual they will probably pluck some guy from obsurity and turn him into a really good player.

Hey they did it with Matt Geyer, Steve Bell, Billy Slater, Scott Hill, Matt King, Cameron Smith etc.

You would have to think Wellington doesn't have much chance of getting in.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    IF they decide to add another side it has to be th gold coast, if they go with the bears it will be a waste of time....

wellington doesnt have a hope after the warriors **** house efforts this season....

The other day The Gold Coast Bulletin published the NRL's e-mail address and encouraged it's readers to flood the NRL HeadQuarters with e-mails of support for another Gold Coast team and David Gallop said he wasn't too impressed by the publicity stunt.

yeh i read that, pretty ordinary on the GC's behalf actually, i think they will win anyway but things like that will only harm their chances...

If the Gold Coast get a team it will be an absolute and utter disgrace. A Team has failed there before - infact, all sports have. It is by and large a tourist product and it won't excatly have much support at home. It would be a travesty to returned to a proven graveyard by the NRL.

If it is anyone, it has to be the bears, but I think they will keep it as it is.

Despite getting big crowds when NRL matches have been played up here?

Take it from somebody who actually lives here.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    should be a 2nd team from NZ really..

Wellington.. i dont think the new team should just result the warriors peformance this season.. because overall the warriors are a pretty sucessful franchise , and we have developed really well over the years.. and certainly will continue on..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Despite getting big crowds when NRL matches have been played up here?

Take it from somebody who actually lives here.
    NRL matches have never been played there....Not since the NRL was formed.

I don't give a rats if you live there, no sporting franchise has ever succeeded on a regular basis from the Gold Coast, I don't see a reason why that would change any time soon. Even the great Queenslander Artie Beetson has publicly stated this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    If the Gold Coast get a team it will be an absolute and utter disgrace. A Team has failed there before - infact, all sports have. It is by and large a tourist product and it won't excatly have much support at home. It would be a travesty to returned to a proven graveyard by the NRL.

If it is anyone, it has to be the bears, but I think they will keep it as it is.
    its a myth that the gold coast team failed, they were in the postivies financially when they cosed they have produced some great juniors and have a large supporter base...

and lord, i know ur only saying NZ should have another team cause u r from there, its just not time for another kiwi side...

The Broncos played the Warriors a few years ago during one of the NRL season as one of the Broncos home games so you are wrong there.

If they are getting big crowds during pre-season matches and if you see the support maybe, just maybe it could work.

I don't give a stuff what Artie Beetson thinks, just because he was a great player, doesn't make him an expert in every single thing and we should drop to our knees and listen in awe at his gospal.

The guy is entitled to his opinion and so be it.

And what makes you think the Bears will be flaming success either?

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    it'll rock if wellington gets it, cause then the warriors can revert back to auckland. which is better name to go by imho
    "Matt Damon"

no doubt kurt man.. screw having another australian team now.. 2 nz teams sounds good to me hey.

ye its a shame its australia's competition, really u shouldnt have any teams in our competition, i know for a fact that if the warriors are successful in the long term both on the field and financially the NRL wont kee a side there....

mate financially we are quite well.. and we do give a lot of competition to aim for even though its only 1 side we have in the NRL.. dont be so damn arrogant..
    it pays to see some good battles out there on the ground..

look, money doesnt last forever, if its managed well u will survive, but i dont know how a second bew zealand side can be justified, i mean since 1995 you have made 3 semi finals and this season will be about the 5th or 6th u have finished in the bottom 4, to me that suggests the talent isnt good enough to supply another side...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information