• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will get the 16th NRL spot?

Who will be the 16th NRL team

• Gold Coast

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Central Coast

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Wellington

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
look, money doesnt last forever, if its managed well u will survive, but i dont know how a second bew zealand side can be justified, i mean since 1995 you have made 3 semi finals and this season will be about the 5th or 6th u have finished in the bottom 4, to me that suggests the talent isnt good enough to supply another side...
Mate there are a lot more rich people here in nz that can look into a new franchise..

and also tim clearly talked about the reasons for the warriors poor show this year.. based basically on giving too much young people a go too much at a time.. and problems in management...

Waughney

International Debutant
Has to be the Gold Coast, they may not be able to get the best attendances but they have a good, finacially secure plan. Targetting a female demographic with the dolphins is a good move IMO, they will be likely to sell a fair bit of merchandise. Their success over the first few years will be vital if they are to continue though.

Waughney

International Debutant
lord_of_darkness said:
LMAO.. the females arent that stupid to fall for that..
:blink: This isn't a trick to try and fool females into supporting them. It's a plan to attract a female population. I'm sure the directors would've put a lot of research into this and have decided it can work.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really hope when the Coast is admitted they do the really cheesy thing and do a photo shoot at Sea World with the team standing in front of some jumping dolphins. It is corny, but I love that kinda stuff.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
I really hope when the Coast is admitted they do the really cheesy thing and do a photo shoot at Sea World with the team standing in front of some jumping dolphins. It is corny, but I love that kinda stuff.
lol, its certain to happen though!

Craig

World Traveller
Waughney said:
:blink: This isn't a trick to try and fool females into supporting them. It's a plan to attract a female population. I'm sure the directors would've put a lot of research into this and have decided it can work.
Excatly 100% correct.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Waughney said:
I have no doubt they'll get it someday....
haha but that would be doing something good for the NRL... and the big bosses cant have that... they never seem to do nething good sometimes.

Craig

World Traveller
It is only another 12 months from 2006 to 2007.

However, will this mean AFL will try and get a foothold into the Gold Coast?

Simon

I dont think expansion is on the minds of the AFL at the moment, i think 2007 will see the Gold Coast AND Central Coast getting a side with melbourne being punted, waiting the extra year allows them to sort out the logistics of it all, im certain this will happen....

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
I dont think expansion is on the minds of the AFL at the moment, i think 2007 will see the Gold Coast AND Central Coast getting a side with melbourne being punted, waiting the extra year allows them to sort out the logistics of it all, im certain this will happen....
You are probably right, and it sucks. The NRL need Melbourne, and once they get their head out of their arses and out of the pockets of the Syndey clubs and give Melbourne salary cap concessions maybe then they will gain some respect.

Simon

melbourne is a waste of time, victorians are stubborn, they dont want rugby league, we should have persisted with perth, in the long term it would have worked. The sooner we get out of melbourne the better.....

perhaps is 8 or 9 years in an 18 team comp Perth can come back in with either another NZ team or somewhere else.....

Mister Wright

So. I don't want to do university assignments, but I have to if I want to be successful. If the NRL want to be successful they need Melbourne.

Simon

melbourne is only 1 city in Australia, league can be succesful without melbourne, they just dont care about league, if we can win the perth market and maybe even the adelaide market in 10-15 years and continue to dominant sydney and brisbane that leaves AFL with nothing but melbourne, let them have it...

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
melbourne is only 1 city in Australia, league can be succesful without melbourne, they just dont care about league, if we can win the perth market and maybe even the adelaide market in 10-15 years and continue to dominant sydney and brisbane that leaves AFL with nothing but melbourne, let them have it...
You're funny Simon.

The AFL have two teams in Adelaide & two in Perth, and have lived on AFL all their lives. Now that the Australian cricket team is bombarded with N.S.W. players most of the guys in that team follow AFL.