• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Offical*** English Football Season 2004/05

Tom Halsey

International Coach
superkingdave said:
only once in the last 10 seasons has the team that won the charity shield won the premiership!
Ye, and if Ar$ehole sell Viera I'm backing us.

Who tipped us to win the league in mid-February in 2003? Who tipped us to win the league in December '95? Who tipped us to win the Treble after 90 minutes of the CL final? No-one.

United (and Ferguson) have a history of coming back when no-one expects them too. This could be another example.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yes, no doubt it was Chris..

An incredible ending though, from Premiership footballer to jail cell just because of some stupid actions.. However there is no alternative for causing the loss of life to someone else..

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
What a load of bull. (:p)

United are about on a par with Ar$ehole (with a full strength team - interesting to note that with a full strength team last year we were ahead of them) and Chelsea need to gel. I'm pretty confident of us doing well this year (once Rio's back).
Open your eyes mate, you'll be lucky to finish 2nd this year.

Whats this 'interesting to note that we were better than them last year'? You been listening to Taggart's Bull S*** again? What does a 15 point gap mean to you?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Piper said:
I read he was going!!! :huh:
CHELSEA striker Adrian Mutu says he is determined to impress after abandoning a move to Juventus.

His announcement follows talks with club owner and Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich and chief executive Peter Kenyon.

The 25-year-old Romanian striker was set to move to Italy on a season-long loan deal but will now stay at Stamford Bridge.

"This is my declaration. I am staying at Chelsea, I am happy here and will prove myself on the pitch," he told the London Evening Standard.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10399562-23215,00.html

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
Bought for the future.
You mean the future of the club you paid excessive money to?

He was outplayed by someone who has only just turned 17 on Sunday!

Craig

World Traveller
thewizard1o1 said:
If Kezman gets less reds then goals this season Chelsea will go well. Is Mutu still there? With Drogba and Eider you guys don't need him (like crespo).

Leeds to notch their second win tonight :D
Personally I think Drogba is massively over-priced for somebody who has only had one good season, and in all due respect the French Ligue 1 is hardly that great in terms of standard.

And Mutu is still a Chelsea player.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
If and when Owen goes, I don't think Patrick will.
It wouldn't surprise me because of David Beckham is there, and Fernando Morienties would be a great aquastion (sp) for Liverpool or even Samuel Eto'o.

I find it interesting as Owen and Andy van der Meyde are not playing in their club's CL Qualifyers which probably means a move away.

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
Glad to see your planning for the championship
The day Manchester United get relegated is the day El-Hopless Diouf gets considered one of the greatest strikers of all-time.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Diouf is not as bad you make out.

How can he shine when Houllier kept playing him right midfield?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
The day Manchester United get relegated is the day El-Hopless Diouf gets considered one of the greatest strikers of all-time.
LOL if they put a team out with

P Neville, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, 'Glen' Eagles, Forlan, Bellion in it eveery week you never know!

Oh wait wasn't El Hadj Douif named in Pele's top 100 (sic 125 or whatever he actually chose) greatest living footballers?

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
LOL if they put a team out with

P Neville, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, 'Glen' Eagles, Forlan, Bellion in it eveery week you never know!

Oh wait wasn't El Hadj Douif named in Pele's top 100 (sic 125 or whatever he actually chose) greatest living footballers?
He was.

But he did make some glarring omissions like a certain Welsh footballer (who passed away this year) who is considered a legend at Leeds, Juventus, and Roma, and yet can't make it in.