• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
08 takes about ten years to load a day when you have a bunch of leagues. Terrible.
tbh I find it a lot quicker than most of the previous incarnations, having gone back to 06 recently I have found it takes a lot longer to load than 08, with the same amount of leagues and database details etc..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
what are the CMs like these days? last I played was the 05 version I think, which was bugged beyond belief, I remember winning a cup tie but the team I beat going through to the next round.....and various other terrible problems with the match engine, has much changed since then?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
what are the CMs like these days? last I played was the 05 version I think, which was bugged beyond belief, I remember winning a cup tie but the team I beat going through to the next round.....and various other terrible problems with the match engine, has much changed since then?
I read a highly positive review about 08 from a seemingly credible source, haven't played it though.

I meanwhile have gone back to 01/02, took on debt-ridden Everton who are expected to get relegated. 10th, 9th, 5th in the first 3 seasons. Shaky start to this season though - 11th after 10 or 11 games.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
tbh I find it a lot quicker than most of the previous incarnations, having gone back to 06 recently I have found it takes a lot longer to load than 08, with the same amount of leagues and database details etc..
Yeah, I thought speed was the biggest improvement to 07, and 08 is similarly quick comparatively. 07 had ridiculous save times though, 08 has improved on that. Still not playing it though.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The save and load times on 08 are good. In game though needs speeding up when multiple leagues are being played. Have them on low detail and takes a while still as well as after playing a match. Takes some time from clicking continue to switch from the match screen.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hmm I wouldnt say thats a real issue tbh, longest I usually have to wait is roughly 20 seconds max, the only real loading times on 08 for me is when the champions league games get simmed in the group stages, that can take a while sometimes, but then that only happens about 8 times a season so thats not much trouble, pleased to see that the loading times when simming the international games have been slashed massively.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
What are the bugs that are stopping you from playing it sledger? (serious question)
well its not so much that it is impossible to play, its the shot on target to goals ratio that really irritates me, it seems that you create about 12-15 chances every match and score maybe twice, then the opposition will create about 5 and score at least twice, even the best strikers seem to continually miss open goals, if this only happened every now and again I wouldnt mind, but it seems to be every match. Also the glitch regarding the defenders failing to close down the opposition doesnt seem to have been entirely fixed, and the confidence issue is a major gripe, the fact that you can buy a 17 year old, bring him on fo rthe last 5 mins about 4 games in a row (him getting a rating of 6 every time) and yet the fans will be moaning saying how he needs to be rested and his playing poorly etc... similary when you are a big side like arsenal or man utd your minimum expectation is to win every competition, and going out of the carling cup in the semi final (whilst playing a reserve team or youths) is considered a major failing just gets on my nerves.

If they could sort these issues out (and fingers crossed they will) the game would be much better, its not unplayable by any means, but in its current state more often than not it will leave me pulling my hair out.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, totally agree with you re: shots on goal & the defenders glitch. They annoy me, but not yet to the point where I'm tearing my hair out, but hopefully the new patch will fix said issues.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, totally agree with you re: shots on goal & the defenders glitch. They annoy me, but not yet to the point where I'm tearing my hair out, but hopefully the new patch will fix said issues.
yeah with any luck it will, should be out within the next week or two with any luck, for me it was just the fact that the last time I played it I was playing as Aston Villa and had decent enough strikers (rosenborg and carew), but yet they just would not put the ball in the back of the net, I always got the impression that even with an easy fixture any sucess would be through luck, and when you feel like that about a game its not a good sign lol, if they can fix the match engine that will be the main issue for me, the confidence problems would be good if they fixed those too, but I wouldnt be very surprised if a few glitches surrounding that are still lingering around when the next patch has been sorted, fingers crossed though.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Only played a season or two of 08 before I got fed up with it, I stopped after I got sacked by the board for poor financial control. Yes, of course it was my fault that the board chose to build a new stadium...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Only played a season or two of 08 before I got fed up with it, I stopped after I got sacked by the board for poor financial control. Yes, of course it was my fault that the board chose to build a new stadium...
been playing it today, been pretty un-buggy by its standards today, enjoyed it, but what made me laugh was the fact that the board were annoyed because my wage bill was too low lol, apparently my prudence is being detrimental to the reputation of the club.....riiight, stupid thing is my wage bill isnt actually that low (£700k), its just that the budget is massive (£1.5m).........with any luck the patch will be out and sorted this problem before it really becomes an issue for me...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
been playing it today, been pretty un-buggy by its standards today, enjoyed it, but what made me laugh was the fact that the board were annoyed because my wage bill was too low lol, apparently my prudence is being detrimental to the reputation of the club.....riiight, stupid thing is my wage bill isnt actually that low (£700k), its just that the budget is massive (£1.5m).........with any luck the patch will be out and sorted this problem before it really becomes an issue for me...
Hahahaha, never heard that before, ridiculous.

Meanwhile on 01/02 Everton have for most of the season been mounting a decent title challenge, however a 5-1 dicking away at champions elect Arsenal has knocked us into a spot of bad form, a CL spot looks assured though with 10 to go.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yes its a rare one, also stupidly i've noticed that in the general summary tab for confidence it says "board are happy with financial control", but on the finance tab it says "board unsatisified with financial control" and then theres the bit about the wages, if they could patch this and make it work perfectly then it would be one hell of a game, in its current state its good, but annoying at times.....

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Started a new game on FM07 unemployed, and spent the first season sunning myself at Steve McLaren's villa in Barbados without a care in the world. Reluctantly returned in May '07 and took over the reins at Tamworth, who had just been relegated into the Conference South. After a dodgy start (two draws and a loss from my first three games) things picked up, my strikers hit some form and having been there or thereabouts for the first half of the season, the second half saw me hit some awesome form and streak away from the rest of the bunch. Ended up winning the league with 90 points - 14 more than 2nd place, and am looking forward to prospering in the Conference now.

Edit: Just noticed the horrible spelling mistake :(

Last edited: