• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Regionalliga Sud. Basically with a load of Reserve teams of Bundesliga sides and the odd team that you won't have heard of.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Im now with Lorient in the French League, got offered the job when they had just won promotion to the French National League in 2020 , only had 9 real players and no money so it was a bit of a challenge. With a few free transfers managed to win the league, then somehow with a couple of lucky signings won Ligue 2 the next season and now I'm sitting 3rd after 11 games in Ligue 1 this season, should be able to win the title in the next three years i reckon.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Playing FM06, IMO, the last time FM was any good. Started at Melbourne Victory and won the league title twice in a row, as well as reaching the semi final of the Asian Champions League. However, i couldn't do anything with my squad, because of the salary cap, so left for Millwall. Joined the club 12 games into the 07/08 season, and they we dead last in League1. 4 or 5 games in, and we're up to 14th, however, haven't played any of the top 10 yet.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I'd forgotten how frustrating this game is - I just can't get Aldershot out of the Conference. Just come to the end of my second full season, and I should have really breezed through, but went on a run of games about 3/4 of the way through the season where I was conceding a penalty and/or getting a man sent off every game. Had some atrocious luck with injuries as well - meant that with about 4 games left, Grimsby, Stevenage and myself were in the top 3 position, on the same points and separated by 1 goal. I lost unfortunately away to Grimsby in the penultimate game of the season and ended up in the playoffs. Squeaked through the semi final against Woking and got to the final, again against Grimsby. Was 1-0 up until the 88th minute when they equalised with a free kick, before going on to beat me 2-1 in extra time. So gutted.

I did manage to win the FA Trophy as a consolation prize, but not sure if I can face another season in the Conference now...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well, I got FM08 yesterday, any suggestions of teams to take over for a challenge (I.E. Trying to take them from 3rd or 4th division up to Champions League?

Doesn't necessarily have to be English teams either...(Wouldn't mind attempting it with a team from Norway or Denmark, any suggestions Mr Vimes?)
Asker for Norway - pretty close to my home (There's Bærum as well, but no one in their right mind would manage them. Snobs.)
In Denmark I would recommend Ølstykke for the name, even though they're on the second tier.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well, I got FM08 yesterday, any suggestions of teams to take over for a challenge (I.E. Trying to take them from 3rd or 4th division up to Champions League?

Doesn't necessarily have to be English teams either...(Wouldn't mind attempting it with a team from Norway or Denmark, any suggestions Mr Vimes?)
Yes I hear Norway is good for this kind of thing. Also Italy is good if you want a particularly hard challenge, due to the sheer lack of money at the lower levels. As for actual sides - Vimes is the expert here.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'd forgotten how frustrating this game is - I just can't get Aldershot out of the Conference. Just come to the end of my second full season, and I should have really breezed through, but went on a run of games about 3/4 of the way through the season where I was conceding a penalty and/or getting a man sent off every game. Had some atrocious luck with injuries as well - meant that with about 4 games left, Grimsby, Stevenage and myself were in the top 3 position, on the same points and separated by 1 goal. I lost unfortunately away to Grimsby in the penultimate game of the season and ended up in the playoffs. Squeaked through the semi final against Woking and got to the final, again against Grimsby. Was 1-0 up until the 88th minute when they equalised with a free kick, before going on to beat me 2-1 in extra time. So gutted.

I did manage to win the FA Trophy as a consolation prize, but not sure if I can face another season in the Conference now...
I'd suggest that you've just been aquaplaned, worst aspect of FM for mine.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Started with Oxford on FM07, who were in the conference. Won the league in the first season as well as the conference trophy. Signed ex-Brazilian striker Giovanni and ex-Greece midfielder Vasillis Tsartias and they were instrumental during the next season(Giovanni scored 27 goals IIRC). Signed Zoltan Steiber on loan from Aston Villa and he seems the ticket. Got promoted from League 2 in 2nd place. Had a few pre-season matches with Oxford before moving to Liverpool. They've got too many **** players on really high wages, so i had to sell/sack a few and managed to sign Bojan from Barca and some gun Mexican kid (Better than Jamie Carragher already). Peter Crouch on a good bit of form with 5 from 4 games. Sitting in 4th atm, after 4.

Johnners

Asker for Norway - pretty close to my home (There's Bærum as well, but no one in their right mind would manage them. Snobs.)
In Denmark I would recommend Ølstykke for the name, even though they're on the second tier.
Cheers, must ask what Bærum ever did to you though? :p

Will start a game tonight, installed it the other day, but haven't got to play it yet :(

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Playing poorly in the new season but haven't thrown in the towel yet as somehow I'm still in 2nd place, right on the tail of Exeter in 1st. Can't seem to find a decent 2nd striker to go with my 25-goal-a-season man Martin Paterson - I have about 6 or 7 of them kicking their heels at the club because I can't seem to offload any of the failures...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Got FM2008 a few days after Christmas, haven't had a great deal of chances to play it so far, but am approaching December of my first season with Pompey, and I'm in the Champions League places already.

My first signing was Harry Kewell, for 2.9 million, but all he's done so far is piss people off, so I'm offloading him in January to Bolton. Also got hold of Ali Karimi, who the fans love, and Mathieu Flamini on loan. Got Bernard Mendy coming in in January to shore up my slightly leaky defence, for 7 million, and ideally I'd grab another striker but I don't know who. Nugent is leading my line well but his goals record isn't great.

Any suggestions for young strikers that can be bought for less than 6-7 million and will get me goals in the Premiership?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Marius Niculae isnt exactly young but is a decent finisher and could be grabbed for quite cheapish I think, certainly would be affordable for portsmouth I would have thought, failing that might be worth trying to get Bendtner on loan from arsenal.

Craig

World Traveller
Got FM2008 a few days after Christmas, haven't had a great deal of chances to play it so far, but am approaching December of my first season with Pompey, and I'm in the Champions League places already.

My first signing was Harry Kewell, for 2.9 million, but all he's done so far is piss people off, so I'm offloading him in January to Bolton. Also got hold of Ali Karimi, who the fans love, and Mathieu Flamini on loan. Got Bernard Mendy coming in in January to shore up my slightly leaky defence, for 7 million, and ideally I'd grab another striker but I don't know who. Nugent is leading my line well but his goals record isn't great.

Any suggestions for young strikers that can be bought for less than 6-7 million and will get me goals in the Premiership?
Arturo Lupoli or Pablo Daniel Osvaldo (those names just popped up)? Or Inter youngster Mario Balotelli, scored two goals on his starting debut for Inter (and his second game) and has already knocked back an approach by Ghana (even though he has an Italian name and was born in Palermo) to play for Italy.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Started with Oxford on FM07, who were in the conference. Won the league in the first season as well as the conference trophy. Signed ex-Brazilian striker Giovanni and ex-Greece midfielder Vasillis Tsartias and they were instrumental during the next season(Giovanni scored 27 goals IIRC). Signed Zoltan Steiber on loan from Aston Villa and he seems the ticket. Got promoted from League 2 in 2nd place. Had a few pre-season matches with Oxford before moving to Liverpool. They've got too many **** players on really high wages, so i had to sell/sack a few and managed to sign Bojan from Barca and some gun Mexican kid (Better than Jamie Carragher already). Peter Crouch on a good bit of form with 5 from 4 games. Sitting in 4th atm, after 4.
boo shud have stayed with the U!

Johnners

Haha, fair enough.

btw, starting the game with your boys, just because I can really.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater

Maybe Frazier Campbell? In my Utd game whenever I bring him up to the first team he's done well on the two occassions. Stats aren't too bad either and I'm sure Ferguson would part with him for less than 6 mil. Maybe Dong too.