• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Right, after a few botched attempts I'm getting the hang of this. In my current game, I started unemployed and got the job at Aldershot Town in the Conference at Christmas. Finished in 14th due to not being able to pick up any players but have made a better start my second season, having picked up some useful signings over the summer.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think i'm going to drag CM2 out of the woodwork and give that a go again. Nostalgia ftw.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Think i'm going to drag CM2 out of the woodwork and give that a go again. Nostalgia ftw.
Indeed, the irretrievable financial toruble I am currently in on FM08 has temporarily driven me back to CM01/02. Will go back to FM08 when I feel up to selling all my players...

Editor work once again put Chelmsford into the Conference, however this time I only had about 4 non-greys (and one of those had to be sold to fund scouts and coaches and an assistant manager). Some hasty free transfer work saw me able to field a proper side. Notched up just enough sporadic wins throughout the season to see me just above the relegation zone, and a late run saw me rally to 11th in the Conference (though my safety was only mathematically assured with 3 games to go).

Second season began, and after some nifty transfer dealings I had high hopes, however shocking early season form saw us bottom of the Conference after 10 games. I wasn't really getting dominated in games, and a new keeper improved things, I am now 18th. However undoubted highlight was dumping Swansea (top of D3 by miles) out of the FA Cup in the 1st Round. Wycombe then murdered us in the 2nd Round, but not after I went 1-0 up after 2 minutes. Then my keeper got sent off in giving away a penalty. Even though it was missed, the it was 6-1 by the end.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Currently playing 01/02 and started a new game with the original database (been years since i played with all these guys!) (although i have avoided buying the likes of Agahowa, Kerr, Samba, Kallstrom, Chiotis etc... My aim in this game is to just win titles with as many different clubs as possible, I'm up to 2017 and so far I've won Dutch league with PSV (3 times), EPL with Blackburn (2 times), Serie A with Vicenza (2 times), English Division 1 with WBA (came 2nd in the EPL the next season). Also won Domestic cups with all these as well as back to back Champions League's with Vicenza.

Recently got offered the Real Madrid job, might stick around there and dominate for a couple of seasons and try my luck in Portugal or something.

Matteh

CM01/02 is the best game of the entire series. Always play it with an updated database, hence why i'm going back further than you guys to my roots.

cpr

International Coach
Heh, Once i sort a new drive for the PC, might reinstall 01/02. Was a cracker. Was that the one that saw the utter dominance of the Icelandic players? Remember getting Macclesfield upto the championship, before taking over spurs...

Still reckon CM94 was the best

Matteh

Signed up a 16 year old Esteban Cambiasso and a 20 year old Freddie Ljungberg for Coventry. Just drew 0-0 with Bolton and the board said it was a good result, obviously not expecting much this season then.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heh, Once i sort a new drive for the PC, might reinstall 01/02. Was a cracker. Was that the one that saw the utter dominance of the Icelandic players? Remember getting Macclesfield upto the championship, before taking over spurs...

Still reckon CM94 was the best
99/00 was probably better for the Icelandic players... who could forget Sigpourson (sp?)

Craig

World Traveller
Good to see you back Simon.

When I get my computer fixed, I'll definatly play it more. FTR my own personal computer is a lot more powerful then this one.

cpr

International Coach
99/00 was probably better for the Icelandic players... who could forget Sigpourson (sp?)

Thats the one i was thinking of. Sigporsson, what a player. Though i had one called Oskarsson (i think, so long ago) who always seemed to be far better.

DJellett

International Debutant
Picked up a secondhand copy of FM 2007 yesterday for £1. Used to play all the old CM games but I haven't done so since Eidos and Sports Interactive split - very impressed so far though. I'm with Halifax Town in the Conference - haven't managed to find the right formation or all of the players that I want yet so I'm struggling a bit towards the bottom of the table, but I have just got into the 3rd round of the FA Cup after thrashing League 1 Rotherham 4-1. Does anyone have any good tips for a newbie?
Bargain as.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Great game against Hinckley in the Conference today - in the 5 minutes before half time they had 3 guys sent off! Went on to win 5-0, which is my biggest win so far. Am 5th at the moment, approaching December and the board and fans are both currently delighted with me. In lots of debt though, which isn't great.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Unbelievable. Went back to FM08, the board decided that in spite of our financial position the stadium needed to be upgraded, at the cost of several million, and then promptly sacked me for the finances.

Back to FM07. Started a new game with Chelmsford.

EDIT: Major changes in the first season in just about every department, anyway came 9th after a late season run of 9 unbeaten, was 15th-ish for most of the season.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
gah, even though it had been patched? stupid game. I'm trying to avoid playing it untill the new patch comes out (should be soonish I imagine) as its just irritating me too much atm.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah, indeed, hence my return to 07. Just reached the transfer window in the second season, am currently 19th. This is mainly because my summer signings were all youth players showing promise, and an attempted switch to more attacking tactics hasn't paid off. Anyway fans still just about happy, as are the board, and I'll return to old ways in the second half of the season now.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Just got out of the Conference South at the fourth time of asking, moved up from 3rd to 1st on the last day. Will do very well to survive in the Conference however as I wasn't exactly runaway winner of the South, and I've still been given no transfer budget to improve things.

Johnners

Well, I got FM08 yesterday, any suggestions of teams to take over for a challenge (I.E. Trying to take them from 3rd or 4th division up to Champions League?

Doesn't necessarily have to be English teams either...(Wouldn't mind attempting it with a team from Norway or Denmark, any suggestions Mr Vimes?)