• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Craig

World Traveller
I can beat Chelsea or Manchester United in the League and Carling Cup respectively (I didn't play MU in the Carling Cup) but I can't beat Tottenham in the Carling Cup. Man I was so pissed off. I now have Tottenham in the FA Cup 6th round after beating Villa 3-2 in the 5th round replay at Villa Park. My next game is against Liverpool at Upton Park.

ash chaulk

International Captain
was fired from australia after 6 great years including 2nd round of World Cup and an Asain Cup... China has secured my services to qualify them for the world cup.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
On FM08.

Taken over Leeds and immediately there is a problem with the game.

Leeds obviously have their 15 pt deduction and start on -15 points. After 14 games I have 28 points achieved, which would put me tp of the league but due to the deduction Im on 13 points.

Now the game doesnt recognise the deduction and Im on the verge of getting sacked due to our terrible performance in League 1 :@

I cant do any more and we are only low in the table as we have 15 pts to regain. You think the board would know that as it was them that put the club into administration.

On a side note, the team is ful of about 5-6 young Scandanavians and South Americans and my big signing was Marlet but he has been liking the company of the physio too much.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Same thing happened with Juventus in the adapted version of CM01/02 last year. You had to basically win every game to avoid being sacked.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
On FM08.

Taken over Leeds and immediately there is a problem with the game.

Leeds obviously have their 15 pt deduction and start on -15 points. After 14 games I have 28 points achieved, which would put me tp of the league but due to the deduction Im on 13 points.

Now the game doesnt recognise the deduction and Im on the verge of getting sacked due to our terrible performance in League 1 :@

I cant do any more and we are only low in the table as we have 15 pts to regain. You think the board would know that as it was them that put the club into administration.

On a side note, the team is ful of about 5-6 young Scandanavians and South Americans and my big signing was Marlet but he has been liking the company of the physio too much.
Yeah, this is a recognized bug in the game, not just Leeds, but the whole board expectations part. Supposed to be fixed in the Patch when it comes out.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Just gone back to FM07 for a last final major play before Christmas, the Exeter game.

Two seasons completed yesterday and today, first season saw a major title challenge, however United eventually beat me into 2nd. Second season saw a dire start from which I never really recovered league-wise (came 5th) however Chelsea were defeated in the Champions League final 4-1 to give Exeter their 5th CL success.

Team is definitely aging now, looking for some youngsters over the summer, to replace the likes of Akinfeev who has been a total gun in goal, and the likes of Batista up front.

DJellett

International Debutant
Just bought C.Ronaldo in my FM07 game for.... $Au150,000,000!

I'm managing Tottenham in 2014, so far I have won the EPL once (2009), the UEFA Cup once (2008) and the European Champions LEague once (2011). A few cup titles in there too...

Got Kerlon who is dominant, bought Podolski 2 years ago for $Au99,000,000 but he's starting to be worth it. Also a couple of absolute star re-gens, all in all very very solid.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
anyone got any opinions on the patch for fm08? Having played a few seasons with it I would say that the majority of the raised issues have been addressed. Just interested to hear what the general consensus is.

Bobisback

International Regular
i had him for liverpool in my fm07 game. and he was a gun for me!
He keeps on complaining when i put him on the bench. Seeing im playing as Barcalona, i just cant play all my Midfield guns every game, unless i want to play 1-6-3, which i dont.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
New season is halfway through, I am a rather embarrasing 11th (though this isn't as bad as it sounds, I have games in hand due to the World Club Championship). Even so though, I have never really been able to produce a totally dominant side that win the title year-in-year-out since CM01/02, which annoys me somewhat - I have won the Premiership 4 times in 10 years (and the CL 5 times).

EDIT: Finished 7th. Got further youth in over the summer for a completely new-look side from the one that won the CL two seasons ago. Just finished the season, finished 11th (though I did get to the semi in the UEFA Cup). Board happiness only on satisfied now, and supporters feel a new manager is necessary. Clearly this isn't too good, however my scouts (all of whom are top notch) have assured me that all of my signings have the potential, so we'll have to wait and see in the upcoming seasons.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Just been offered job of Aston Villa manager - they've just won the Prem so it's tempting... but staying with the Grecians I think.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Just started playing FMH (2005/06 season) started with Scunthorpe got promoted via the playoffs in the first season and have bought Jay Tabb, Erik Lund, and some Blackburn midfielder for the up coming season things going pretty well for me except Darren Pratley wont excet my contract offer since his contract with fulham has expired args

Bobisback

International Regular
Playing as Chelsea in FM Handheld 2008. As i dont like Chelsea i put the whole team on the market and sold most of them. My team is now looking rather decent.

Code:
		Cech
Marcelo		Ben-Haim	Sergio Ramos
	Aissati		Micah Richards
Fabregas	Jesus Navas	Lionel Messi
	Rooney		Bojan
600m transfers in 540m transfers out. Rooney cost me 110, Messi 100, Fabregas 90. All in AUD.

Bobisback

International Regular
What's the handheld version like? Does it transfer over well, or is it not worth looking into?
Its pretty sweet, prefer it over the PC version actually. This way i can play it while im talking here.

It has a lot less of the little things, its just basically form a team and play.

DJellett

International Debutant
Playing as Chelsea in FM Handheld 2008. As i dont like Chelsea i put the whole team on the market and sold most of them. My team is now looking rather decent.

Code:
		Cech
Marcelo		Ben-Haim	Sergio Ramos
	Aissati		Micah Richards
Fabregas	Jesus Navas	Lionel Messi
	Rooney		Bojan
600m transfers in 540m transfers out. Rooney cost me 110, Messi 100, Fabregas 90. All in AUD.
who'd you sell and for how much?