• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
As much as he edited in with MCM, I'd imagine.
i didnt edit it...why would i do that, not exactly fun doing it that way! managing liverpool, who got taken over and i got a few dollars and sold a few players / regens that where of good value. Kaka was 56million and ronaldo was 60 million. i have only just gotten ronaldo not long ago but kaka a couple of seasons.

anyway looking forward to 08 when we can all start fresh with the new players in all these teams.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
just got knocked out of the final 16 in the champions league, could cost me....

drew Barcelona and after the first leg at Rush stadium i was up 2 - 0

2nd leg after 5 minutes i was up 1 - 0 and looking good, then the onslaught and lost 4 - 1 so lost on aggregate 4 - 3 and gonskis.........

only have the fa cup and the premiership to go or i could find myself unemployed.. :wacko: :blink:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
just won the league and fa cup. The fa cup was big as it was with alot of my youngsters and we beat Man Utd 1 - 0. The league i was gone with 2 games to go chelsea where 3 infront and had to play me once, so i had to win and then hope they got beat by Man City in the last game which is what happened and i won the league by 1 point. 80 to 79. Man Utd finished 12th but qualified for Ec. (How does that work. they must have won it season before).

i also have australia and we are leading our group. Just about to start the new seasonso all is looking good!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
this FM08?

My Man City game has come off the runners slightly, still in 3rd place with about 8 games left but Man Utd and Newcastle are only 2 points behind....Benitez has been sacked by Liverpool and replaced by Lippi after a terrible season (think theyre in 9th), and i have lost in the league cup final to aston villa after half the midfield came down with injuries on the brink of the final, a 1-0 home defeat to middlesbrough has followed and it looks like it may be hard to hang onto the champions league space, fingers crossed, jefferson farfan and lulinha have been signed to come in at the end of the season...so future looks quite bright overall.

Chubb

International Regular
I'm currently playing Football Manager for the first time in a network game with my housemates. I am playing as Portsmouth and signed the following players to add to the (patched) squad;

Yossi Benayoun
Nuno Valente
Emil Halfredsson
Celsinho

I also have an option to buy Gaby Agbonlahor for £6 million from one of my housemates.My reasoning behind the transfers was that I had a decent defence that could use a little reinforcing, a decent striker in Benjani, and that the midfield was where we needed to be strengthened, especially as Mendes is injured at the moment (Davis replaces him)

I think this is the strongest team I have;

Benjani
Benayoun Celsinho
Kranjcar Mendes O'Neil

Nuno Valente Traore Campbell Johnson

James

Yes, that is a 1-2-3-4 formation. My idea was that I had two top class attacking midfielders in Benayoun and Celsinho who could score goals and set up opportunites for the main threat in Benjani.

But am I missing any tricks? I drew my first game with Everton 1-1. Is Agbonlahor a good buy? Are the players in the right positions to be effective? TBH I know very little about football and could use some help.

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
Aye but he has an attacking arrow on the tactics screen, to make runs down his wing and get crosses in, as does O'Neil. I want to play agressive football. Mendes plays Holding Midfielder.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
this FM08?

My Man City game has come off the runners slightly, still in 3rd place with about 8 games left but Man Utd and Newcastle are only 2 points behind....Benitez has been sacked by Liverpool and replaced by Lippi after a terrible season (think theyre in 9th), and i have lost in the league cup final to aston villa after half the midfield came down with injuries on the brink of the final, a 1-0 home defeat to middlesbrough has followed and it looks like it may be hard to hang onto the champions league space, fingers crossed, jefferson farfan and lulinha have been signed to come in at the end of the season...so future looks quite bright overall.
cool. interesting to see benitez got punted. i get my 08 copy hopefully tomorrow.

Craig

World Traveller
In January with West Ham, picked up Sergei Ignashevich from CSKA for 1.4m while I have sent Jonathan Spector on loan to Espanyol. Trying to get a few more players on loan though. I beat Blackburn 4-1 in the FA Cup 3rd Round, then I have them in the Carling Cup Semi's which I won the 1st leg 1-0 at Upton Park and then I have them again the Carling Cup and in the EPL, in between with a game with Wigan. I'm aiming for a good cup run and I would definatly relish the Carling Cup as I beat Chelsea 3-2 in Extra-Time in the Quarter-Finals, and I'm 6th in the league and I got Manager of the Month for November.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
In January with West Ham, picked up Sergei Ignashevich from CSKA for 1.4m while I have sent Jonathan Spector on loan to Espanyol. Trying to get a few more players on loan though. I beat Blackburn 4-1 in the FA Cup 3rd Round, then I have them in the Carling Cup Semi's which I won the 1st leg 1-0 at Upton Park and then I have them again the Carling Cup and in the EPL, in between with a game with Wigan. I'm aiming for a good cup run and I would definatly relish the Carling Cup as I beat Chelsea 3-2 in Extra-Time in the Quarter-Finals, and I'm 6th in the league and I got Manager of the Month for November.
nice work!