• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
FM07: Started with Man City bought Clint Dempsey first season and got signing of the season even though we finished 13th the next season we 9th didnt get into Euro Vase :( next season grabed 8th got Giovani dos Santos (gun gun) got into Euro Vase next season (2009/10 i think) got defeated in the semi finals of the Euro Vase and finished 5th in the EPL also bought Andy Johnson that season two :D last season i got 5th were we couldv'e had 2nd,3rd and 4th if we didnt lose so many away games :@ won the Euro Cup that season against Everton and got Runner Up in the Carling Cup

Hoppy1987

U19 Debutant
Boston Utd on 01-02,

Won Conf, D3, D2, D1 and Prem in successive seasons.

Playing 2-1-3-1-3.

Works a dream,

Stefan Moore and Aghahowa upfront running off Ibrahimovic.

Cassano in the hole,

Duff, Carrick and Rahamat Mustapha in midfield

Vieira (Holding role)

West and Mexes CB

Buffon in Goal

subs,

Mike Duff
To Madeira
Landreau
Joe Cole
Martins

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Boston Utd on 01-02,

Playing 2-1-3-1-3.

Works a dream,

Cassano in the hole,

Vieira (Holding role)

West and Mexes CB

Buffon in Goal

subs,

Mike Duff
To Madeira
Landreau
Joe Cole
Martins
Haha yeah, remember that formation, unbeatable.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks to me that you're playing on the original database. Play the updated one mate, makes it even better.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boston Utd on 01-02,

Playing 2-1-3-1-3.

Works a dream,

Cassano in the hole,

Vieira (Holding role)

West and Mexes CB

Buffon in Goal

subs,

Mike Duff
To Madeira
Landreau
Joe Cole
Martins
must be exciting dominating th game with players that every CM'er in history has dominated with...

DCC_legend

International Regular
Managing Abbey Villa (NI Div 2) on FM07. Got them up to first in the league after selling 2 of the better players and bringing in 3 youth players. So far they have played well and are developing intrest from english teams. I might get one more season before ill have to let them go.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
playing as watford currently, in second season after being relegated last year, promotion is a very realistic possibility, despite marlon king declaring himself too good for the club, we'll see about that.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
In FM07 started as a Sunday League footballer and got the job as manager of worksop Town in the Conference North. About 6 games into the season I decided to jump ship. Was a week or so before the end of the tranfer window to give the new manager time to get players in. It was difficult to bring players in and the performances on the pitch weren't great along with injuries to key players. Couldn't be bothered to deal with that. A few days after leaving I got the job at Almagro in the Argentine Second Division. Was expected to just finish midtable but managed to eke out a first place in the Open Stage of the season. Currently, in preseason before the Close Stage so bringing some players in atm. Built a good enough squad for this division I reckon so will be looking for another win and hopefully a promotion depending on how this system works. Most notable signing is Roberto Palacios and I'm trying to get Romario but he doesn't want to come unfortunately. Still got a few days or so to sweet talk him though.

Craig

World Traveller
Finished my first season with Tottenham and came in 5th, some consistency and I might have pushed for a European Cup spot. The Liverpool and Arsenal games were most frustrating as I lost 3-2 in the two games, with Liverpool I was leading 2-1 with about 9 to go, before my defence went to sleep and conceded two late goals an with Arsenal I was 3-0, before two late goals and if I had taken a couple of my many missed chances I might have won. My defence was a shocker with conceding 40+ goals.

But in saying that, I did beat Chelsea 4-1 despite that played me off the park and had over 20 attempts on goal all up, I managed about 8 or 9, and despite have Fabio Grosso sent off in the 17th minute for hacking down Didier Drogba from behind, but a hat-trick to Julio Ricardo Cruz and Jermain Defoe got me the points. Chelsea even had 56% of the ball in the enitre game. Plus I didn't have Paul Robinson, instead I had one of youth team goal keepers in because that is all I had.

Other strage things including Birmingham City knocking out Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi-Final, Norwich City likewise knocked Manchester United, which gave as a Birmingham v Norwich FA Cup Final which Norwich won on penalties. Despite this, Norwich lost to Crystal Palace in the Play-Off Final to go up into the Premiership. Ther players in this game are very greedy as well. You give them a contract offer of what they want and they turn it down because they 'deserve a better basic salary', I'm giving you what you want FFS!

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Believe it or not im starting to find difficulties with My Man City game currently in the 2015/2016 season we failied to make the UEFA Champions League and so far this season we have failed to get out of the bottom half of the table so now i've decided to stop playing Petr Cech in goals and play my 18yr old Portugese gun there instead. Also Stevie Gerrard isnt fit to hold a bench spot for my team so :| on a plus though i bought David Villa for 4k :D

EDIT: I agree Craigos at the start of the game i reckon players are very greedy but once you get further in the game they tend to settle down and accept whateva

Last edited: