• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i dont, i buy cause ive got buckets of cash and see a striker and say "u ripper hes coming to me" quite often so other teams dont have them lol!

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
i dont, i buy cause ive got buckets of cash and see a striker and say "u ripper hes coming to me" quite often so other teams dont have them lol!
Yeah I do thaat ALOT! I'm trying to get Vieri Jnr. atm despite having Montella's regen (pretty sure) and an English striker who both average 7.8 or so and also that gun Swedish FC i'm still after anotehr striker. Trouble is Castellini and Richardson (two striekrs) make alot of assists ratehr than score alot of goals. I Might try one of them with Lundvqist for a few games. But I could still do with Vieri!!

Cloete

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:
Lol, David Batty's regen could possibl be called **** Head.

I'd like to challenge a few people to online games!
I've got cable... but I haven't played 03/04 in a while. We should get as many people playing as we can. Marc doesn't have too much time atm but maybe Simon, you, Blewy maybe?, Bugs maybe, Rose and I. But might be a bit hard with you being in England.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
That's just overkill.I try not to have toomany first team players.They all want too many games.

Cloete

International Captain
roseboy64 said:
That's just overkill.I try not to have toomany first team players.They all want too many games.
Meh... I'll just sell one make a cool £15m then buy another one :p

Cloete

International Captain
Press the print screen button above the 'Home' keys and then go into paint and hit edit then paste. i normally paste it into word first so i can crop it then paste it into paint and save it as a jpeg!

Cloete

International Captain
Bought Spinelli (Vieri) for £21.5m and the fans celebrated. After 10 internationals i'll have to pay another £10m.

On his debut he scored once and got MotM whiel we won the Leage Cup 2-0 over Norwich! :)

Cloete

International Captain
Wooh!! I just won the EPL for the 7th successive time!

With two games left Charlton came up against Tottenham at home. Totts were one point ahead of me in 1st. The crowd just flocked in for the massive title match against the two rivals. The crowd went wild with and a massive buzz was around The Valley as Charlton took the lead with a brilliantly struck free kick from 35 yards from Patrick Robin (zidane's regen). At half time it was announced that Charlton had recorded their highest ever crowd since the stadium expansion, a crowd of 48 200 meaning not one seat in the entire stadium was left unfilled! It was one of the most memorable days in the history of the one time small club which had really made it's mark on the world winning it's first EPL title in 2005 and it's first CL title in 2008. As the teams came out for half time the Charlton players felt the hair stand up on the back of their neck as the crowd went absolutely wild. The players played like heroes and after 76 minutes Harbuzi had a piercing run and took a hopeful shot from 30 yards the shot curled around the helpless Andres Vallejo and rocketed into the top corner of teh goal! The crowd went absolutely crazy, millions of flames were lit around teh ground and Charlton flags were waved in sheer ecstacy. 7 Minutes later Castellini secured it for Charlton as they cruised to an absolutely magnificent and heroic 3-0 win agaisnt the leaders TOttenham. Patrick Robin put in a captain's performance with a brilliant man of the match performance, proving his real worth in the biggest game of the season thus far!

The following match Charlton secured anoterh 3-0 victory at home to chelsea to win the EPL for the 7th successive time. After witnessing a truly special win over the Spurs the crowd once again flocked in once again to record an attendance of 45846. Charlton once again ran out 3-0 winners with Robin once again proving his worth by scoring anotehr brilliant goal and assisting Harbuzi to one of his two. Managing to win the man of the match award for teh second successive match, certainly deserving of his captaincy status ahead of the vice Harbuzi! The crowd went absolutely psycho as the securiy had a massive challenge keeping them at bay once Charlton were announced premiers! A truly memorable season!

Still to come, CL final agaisnt Celtic!

Cloete

International Captain
As the EPL winning team flew to Germany there was an akward silence on the plane. Charlton were reigning CL premiers but qutie a few of the players had never experienced a CL Final. The team arrived in Berlin and immediately made their way to the 5 star hotel. The training schedule was going to be quite light, but manager Cloete had explaiend to the players that menthally it would be quite demading. As he wanted to go through every last tactic, set play and situation that could possibly arise.

Celtic had been recruiting well over the past few season but this was without a doubt their most important game in their history. Any team that boasted Defoe, Saviola, Vicente, Dyer, Lythe, Thwaites, Joe Cole, Hersi and Cassano was a force to be reckoned with. However Charlton considered themselves lucky as Cassano had only just moved to Celtic and was ineligible for teh Champions League.

As the build-up to kick off was getting more tense by the minute the anticipation in Germany, England and Scotland was also growing. This season teh Italian teams had been knocked out in the quarter-finals after a poor showing by their standards. So it was a typical England vs Scotland match, teh rivalry between the two nations dated back thousands of years ago. Who will take home the crown of European champions?

The Charlton team were all extremely silent as they travelled to the Olympiastadion at 4 PM for the 7:30 PM kick-off. They would get an hour and a half training session before being ushered into teh change rooms. The training was basically all just warm-up drills and a bit of a dead ball revision situation. Alessandro Di Matteo, Giorio Pellizzaro and Tony Cottee were all dishing out experienced advice at the training. And it was Cloete's most trusted man, Pellizzaro, who lead the training. Meanwhile Cloete hismelf was walking around in a frenzy trying to work out what Charlton would need to do defensively to keep Celtic out.

After training the players and coaches moved into teh dressing rooms. Cloete went over all the tactics again and named teh first team. Cloete made a big surprise by naming the inexperienced Ferrara over Mark Byrnes. Tieme Klompe was to be his defensive partner who should add alot of experience at the back. After one last motivational speech from Cloete, soemthign which he was famous for, the Charlton players sprinted onto the field to the huge roars of the German crowd, including qutie a few Englishmen who had made the trip to see their beloved Charlton play.

Charlton kicked off and after only 2 minutes they made a dream start. Patrick Robin had jinked past 3 defenders before rocketing a shot towards goal. GOOOOALLLLL!!!! Valverde was powerless as teh CHarlton players ran over to congratulate the young captain. Just 3 minutes later Charlton made it two. Richardson set Martin Bures up who didn't waste the opportunity, but isntead put Charlton 2-0 up. The 31 year old Czech continued his brilliant goal scoring season playign from AMC. Eventually the first half concluded and the attendance of 76 202 had been announced. Four minutes after half time diaster struck for Charlton, Defoe volleyed a shto into the goal after some great player by Kieron Dyer. But just 6 minutes later Patrick Robin scored with an absolutely breathtakingly brilliant strike to put the English team up 3-1. It seemed almost certain then. As the last few minutes were played out the ref blew his whistle and Charlton were absolutely ecstatic! An ABSOLUTELY SUPERLATIVE season for the team. After winning the League Cup, FA Cup, Premier League and now the Chamions League. Patrick Robin was the man of the match in what was the most important match of his career. Cloete lavishly praised his side after an inpsirational speech and Robin held the Champions Cup aloft to the delight of everybody back home in England, At the stadium and most importantly to his team-mates. Charlton had done it, they had won the CL back-to-back for the first time ever and had won every tournament they had been in!

After the match Robin saw his value go through the roof to £15.75million. But at the end of teh day it was a brilliant team performance with other notables were Richardson, Hill and Bures who all put in great performances.

GREATEST CHARLTON SEASON. EVER!

Attachments

Simon

i would have the screenshot of everything ive won with anderlecht but its too big, ill put up a few other interesting ones though....

these screenshots are
* Alessandro Casu (Man utd) - Just a shot of how he performed over a few seasons
* Enrico Gentile (PSV) - 12 fans player of the year in a row
* Lee Clark (Man utd) - at 40 and about to retire - just to show his international caps
* our first european final loss (Anderlecht), wasnt a good one! but i was impressed with the board reaction

Attachments

Simon

a few more here

* Victor Solari going to Chelsea for my record sale, im pretty sure this guy was Veron's regen
* When Empoli had 9 seats in their stadium!
* The time Tenerife managed to have 2 assistants!
* And a fair big upset down the bottom.

Attachments