• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I've now given up on my crappy Pompey file where I couldn't seem to put together a coherent defence no matter who was in it - might start one with a bigger team so I can find out who a few of the top young lads are. Maybe Arsenal, I fancy taking control of Fabregas, Denilson and Walcott. :happy:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Craig said:
And to annoy Piscine that you are managing a bunch of CDMs :p

How good is Denilson anyway?
He's awesome. Had him on loan for Pompey, class act. Haven't really got going with Arsenal though, got distracted.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yohan gourcuff, what a player, and a snip at £2.8 Million, maybe the title heading to the emirates on my season, watch this space.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
Is there a patch available that changes the start date of CM01-02 to July 2006 as well as changing the player database? If so it'd be the perfect game...
Yeah there is. It's not as simple as just simply overwriting the old database files with new ones, but if you follow the instructions you shouldn't have a problem doing it. That patch also does other minor things, including the option to increase the commentary speed, includes the point deductions in Italy and the renaming of the English leagues.

Cloete

International Captain
Barney Rubble said:
Is there a patch available that changes the start date of CM01-02 to July 2006 as well as changing the player database? If so it'd be the perfect game...
It's called Tapani's.

Craig said:
I have been meaning to ask but what was/is so great about CM 01-02?
There's just something that's so good about it. Just seems like such a great game. When I'm in the mood I just can't stop playing it. The newer FM's are good but I always just go back to 01/02.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hmm i think the fact that the newest FM has got tid of the regen system means that it will really give Cm01/02 a run for its money.

Matteh

For me it's the best of the CM3 games, which **** all over the CM4 generation and FM takes too long to do anything and my computer is hardly the oldest.

Currently playing Ultimate Soccer Manager a lot. It's about 10/11 years old but i used to play it a load when it came out and it still has it's charms.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
thats an amazing game, i would love to play that but i cant get my version to work on my PC as its too new, what a game though, the way you could offer bungs and bribes were great, not too mention all the other stuff you could do.

Matteh

sledger said:
thats an amazing game, i would love to play that but i cant get my version to work on my PC as its too new, what a game though, the way you could offer bungs and bribes were great, not too mention all the other stuff you could do.
Editing a player to be 99 skill at everything and then selling him on for 999 million. All the little flaws made it somehow better.

I downloaded the version i have (i own the original disks, but i somehow wiped one of them years ago), if you set it up right with Windows 95 compatability then it seems to work alright. I take it the screen went kind of fuzzy when you tried it as that's happened to me before now.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
no i just couldnt get it to install, said i needed a really old processor, i dont think it likes being run on celeron processors, but i think if you have a pentium you can usually get it working, unfortunately....mine is no pentium.

Matteh

sledger said:
no i just couldnt get it to install, said i needed a really old processor, i dont think it likes being run on celeron processors, but i think if you have a pentium you can usually get it working, unfortunately....mine is no pentium.
Using AMD here. Sounds like an odd case.

Craig

World Traveller
sledger said:
:laugh:

Brilliant stuff. Would definatly play it if a newer version of that game came out somehow.