• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
finished 5th in the premiership with man city, which was above man utd funnily enough, not a lot of money to go out and spend with but jonaton berg has joined from IFK goteburg for £1m, Hugo Viana and David Bentley have been signed on loan for the year to replace Kiki Musampa who has left to join Spurs, Matthew Upson has also come in on a free transfer. Couple of the squad getting old, and Danny Mills who recently became too big for his boots was offloaded to man utd, as it stands the team is.

James
Srjna
Distin
Upson
Thatcher
Sibierski
Barton
Generelo
Sinclair
Fowler
B Wright-Philips

Bench:
Weaver
Diallo
Reyna
Vassel
Viana

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
just started a new game with Man City and the end of the 2007/08 season and i get 4th :D
my major singings being Edgar Davids, Kevin Kilbane, Jermaine Defoe, James Beattie and the Crystal Palace Goalkeeper also took the Ireland job so i can hopefully get them far in Euro 2008

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone have any suggestions where i can get a GOOD update for FM 06, with ALL the latest transfers/promotions etc

Craig

World Traveller
Tottenham were very frustrating against Everton, leading two-nil only to blow and lose 3-2. Because of Lee Young-Pyo's ineptness and he may never get a game in the starting line-up and get rid of him at the end of the season (don't need him since I have Fabio Grosso) and Mido is hopeless.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Gained promotion with the Old Lady and won the Coppa Italia, beat Palermo over the two legs. Signed an extension to my contract. Looking forward to the new season, need to sell a few players however to get the wage bill down.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Started a new game on 06, with that updated Database...
I am managing West Ham and flying along at the moment.. After 24 games in the premiership im sitting 3rd on 43 points, ahead of Chelsea & Liverpool.. Manure is 2nd on 48 whilst Arsenal are clear on 55..

I have only bought in 3 players, Aissati and Farfan(PSV) and Gardner(Tottenham).. Tevez and Carlton Cole have been super for me Cole scoring 14 from 27 whilst Tevez has 19 from 25..
Currently in the 5th Round of the FA Cup, whilst im about to play the 1st KO round in the UEFA Cup against NK Dinamo of Croatia...
Im surprised at how well im doing, especially since the board just want a safe mid table and the fans to qualify for Europe...

Last edited:

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
finshed Euro 08 with Ireland in the quarter finals then got them into the World Cup and and took them to the round of 16 lost to Italy both times too :( also took up the jod offer from crosstown rivals Man U

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
I am managing West Ham and flying along at the moment.. After 24 games in the premiership im sitting 3rd on 43 points, ahead of Chelsea & Liverpool.. Manure is 2nd on 48 whilst Arsenal are clear on 55..

I have only bought in 3 players, Aissati and Farfan(PSV) and Gardner(Tottenham).. Tevez and Carlton Cole have been super for me Cole scoring 14 from 27 whilst Tevez has 19 from 25..
Currently in the 5th Round of the FA Cup, whilst im about to play the 1st KO round in the UEFA Cup against NK Dinamo of Croatia...
Im surprised at how well im doing, especially since the board just want a safe mid table and the fans to qualify for Europe...

well done mate
the updated database is quality

i started a new game with ......yes u guessed it Liverpool. was travelling well till a few injuries have cost me . dropped out to milan in the round of 16 in the uefa. have the fa cup final against chelsea, in a 4 team battle for the 3 spots for europe, chelsea wrapped up the tittle . manure 68 points, bolton 68 points, Liverpool 67 points and arsenal 66 points all with 1 game to go. manure play Blackburn who are running 8th, bolton play Watford who are running 19th, we play Middlesborough who are sitting 10th and Arsenal have villa who are sitting 7th so it makes an interesting finish.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Loving the new database I downloaded.

Started with Forest. In first season Im about 18 pts clear at the top at Christmas and have a guy like Chris Sutton leading the attack.

With no cheating it seems pretty easy to get a lot of good international players at a League 1 club

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Goughy said:
Loving the new database I downloaded.

Started with Forest. In first season Im about 18 pts clear at the top at Christmas and have a guy like Chris Sutton leading the attack.

With no cheating it seems pretty easy to get a lot of good international players at a League 1 club

yer i struggled with my lower league team. i think it depends on who you try as i can never get any real big name players. i think the biggest name player was Neil Mellor on loan.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
bugssy said:
yer i struggled with my lower league team. i think it depends on who you try as i can never get any real big name players. i think the biggest name player was Neil Mellor on loan.
Ive been surprised how easy its been.
This is 1st season. The squad and performance.

EDIT- Deleted as info is old now

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Goughy said:
The thing is that Forest's reputation will be quite high because of their history, hence they're more attractive to players.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:

you can send me the 01/02 disk back then if you are finished with it... :p

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
obviously, but blewy didnt like it, hence im requesting disk back...
Mate i may be in Canberra Next week(Monday) so if i am and your not busy i will call in and drop it off...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
Mate i may be in Canberra Next week(Monday) so if i am and your not busy i will call in and drop it off...
rightio, my brother's junior cricket side has some tournament here next week and ill probably be helping him with that, so just give me a call beforehand and we can sort something out...